Sponsored

Straps in Sunrider Position - Anyone Use them?

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I always use them. The top bouncing annoys me. I don't fear it's going to get away from me, but I can hear it or see it. Plus when it's all the way back, the height of it blocks part of my rear visibility. I use them to hold it down a few more inches.
Sponsored

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
Hello everyone! Quick newbie question. I just got my JLU on Friday, and I was watching the videos. The one for the top operation says to use the included velcro straps to secure the top in Sunrider position. Is that necessary? Is there really any possibility of the top popping up/slamming down at highway speeds if you don't? Just curious if I need to secure it in that position....

Thanks in advance!
Good if you do Offroad, prevent it from flapping back over when boucing...

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
I've never tried the sunrider option..just doesn't seem like a good idea on the highway. The new soft-top goes up so quickly, that if it rains I just pull over and have the top on in less than 5 mins. I do use velcro straps when I have the soft top all the way off, because it seems to bounce too much on the highway, even with the locks on.

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I've never tried the sunrider option..just doesn't seem like a good idea on the highway. The new soft-top goes up so quickly, that if it rains I just pull over and have the top on in less than 5 mins. I do use velcro straps when I have the soft top all the way off, because it seems to bounce too much on the highway, even with the locks on.
Where do you place the straps to keep it from bouncing?

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It’s great on the highway. If your windows are installed, you can’t drop the top all the way back... try it, you’ll love it.

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
does anyone have a picture of what they should look like tied on? i only have the hand drawn instructions and i am dumb