Sponsored

Stope/Start Warning Light - Door Switch issue?

RubiconTDJ

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Hello. My Stop/Start (A-hole ) warning light came on and the Dealer said it was a bad Door Switch. (?) They want $720 to replace the switch, plus the $145 diagnostics fee. Is this something I can do myself with limited tools and experience? I'm not sure if the switch is in the door or the door pillar? Any suggestions or call outs in replacing it or ordering the part would be appreciated.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you have to ask, the job is too much.
That price is too much though.

I assume they mean door latch, by the way. There aren’t any other parts of the door that will cause this.

OP
OP
RubiconTDJ

RubiconTDJ

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
If you have to ask, the job is too much.
That price is too much though.

I assume they mean door latch, by the way. There aren’t any other parts of the door that will cause this.
well that advice doesn’t come over as condescending at all. I thought thats what this forum is for. To ask for help and learn from other experiences. I guess the warning light isn’t the only A hole.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
it could get pretty involved. let the shop do it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
well that advice doesn’t come over as condescending at all. I thought thats what this forum is for. To ask for help and learn from other experiences. I guess the warning light isn’t the only A hole.
Its just a good rule of thumb to keep you from making things worse. Plenty of people attempt repairs they have no business doing and cost themselves considerably more.

Replacing the door latch requires near complete disassembly of the door.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hello. My Stop/Start (A-hole ) warning light came on and the Dealer said it was a bad Door Switch. (?) They want $720 to replace the switch, plus the $145 diagnostics fee. Is this something I can do myself with limited tools and experience? I'm not sure if the switch is in the door or the door pillar? Any suggestions or call outs in replacing it or ordering the part would be appreciated.
The door switch/latch/doohickey doesn't have anything to do with start stop.
Have you ever had doors off? Did you disconnect connector? If so, check the pins.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
The door switch/latch/doohickey doesn't have anything to do with start stop.
Have you ever had doors off? Did you disconnect connector? If so, check the pins.
Yes it does. Doors must be closed or ESS doesn’t work. Faulty door latch position switch will cause an ESS fault.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I started having problems with the radio not turning off and when it did the center dash display and shifter light stayed on. Problem started on the 18th. By the 20th the Jeep was dead. Used my portable jumper to get it going and took it to my dealer. After about an hour they called and the said the latch was the culprit and they had odered a new one. Jeep was back in my hands in the afternoon of the 22nd fully repaired. My 3/36 ran out on the 26th. What timing. This must not be an uncommon issue since they had it diagnosed fairly quickly.
Sponsored

Last edited: