Stop/Start Not Ready - M/T

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've noticed that the stop/start on my JLUR is always listed as "Not Ready". However it seems to work normally when I put it into neutral and let out on the clutch the engine stops. When I press in on the clutch the engine starts again as expected but on the display no matter how long I drive or if the wheel is straight, its not ready.

Is this normal for a manual transmission?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FUBAR

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@DanW I know you drive a manual as well, sorry tag you here but genuinely curious if yours is the same?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW I know you drive a manual as well, sorry tag you here but genuinely curious if yours is the same?
I've not seen that message, so something is not right. That said, I have the Zautomotive Taser JL, and I've dialed that sucker out, so I never use it, except in line at drive through windows if I think I'll sit for long.

I'd have the dealer check that out.

OP
OP
FUBAR

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Alright thanks for chiming in, everything is working but still weird how it never shows ready.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I received this message today. It went away after turning the engine off and on, and the ESS worked properly afterwards 20180529_162058.jpg

Sponsored

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had the same issue with mine, along with the Service 4wd and Swaybar Disconnect Not Available lights. Dealer had it for 5 days and found the culprit, a connector not properly seated.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
• Check fuses and relays. Make sure they are all seated.

OP
OP
FUBAR

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had the same issue with mine, along with the Service 4wd and Swaybar Disconnect Not Available lights. Dealer had it for 5 days and found the culprit, a connector not properly seated.
Are you responding to me or AwCrimey? :) I suspect the latter as I don't think mine is fuse related.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Are you responding to me or AwCrimey? :) I suspect the latter as I don't think mine is fuse related.
Well, I guess AwCrimey, but in reality I don't know if my ESS worked even though I had that warning because I always turn it off. So, if it did in fact work, even though the system said it didn't, then it's possible you could have a loose connection type issue as well. What do I know though? Nothing, lol.

OP
OP
FUBAR

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well, I guess AwCrimey, but in reality I don't know if my ESS worked even though I had that warning because I always turn it off. So, if it did in fact work, even though the system said it didn't, then it's possible you could have a loose connection type issue as well. What do I know though? Nothing, lol.
Welp! haha Thanks for the reply, its not causing issues but I'll run it by the dealer and post here with an update later.

Sponsored

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Welp! haha Thanks for the reply, its not causing issues but I'll run it by the dealer and post here with an update later.
Now that I think of it, it's not too far out there to think your issue is easily fixable (by the dealer) as well. I know my 4x4 system worked, and so did the swaybar disconnect, but since the connector wasn't seated right it was throwing that code. Just saying. Hopefully you get it taken off soon, for peace of mind.

Sracht

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong? My jeep was doing this for a few days and then suddenly died completely at a stop light. It was towed to the dealership where it's being looked at now.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Mine is "not ready" when (1) the clutch is depressed at a stop, (2) when the engine isn't fully warmed up, (3) when the AC is on max cool, (4) when the vehicle is in motion. And that's how it's supposed to function. Read your owner's manual, folks. You shouldn't be fiddle-farting with your cluster display when your vehicle is in motion anyhow. That's just common sense, unless you're one of those knuckleheads who plays with your phone while driving, too.

That said, if your ESS is truly malfunctioning after you've checked that all fuses are fully seated, get it repaired.
Sponsored