Sponsored

Stop/Start Not Ready-Battery Charging

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Had a red battery warning 2.5 years after both batteries were replaced under factory warranty. Stop/Start caution “Service Soon” light is on now after that. Jeep never had issues starting/running.

I did not know this but seems kinda shady. Both batteries replaced under factory 3yr/36K warranty 2.5 years ago. I assumed the replacement batteries were warrantied for another 3 years. Nope. If batteries are replaced under warranty the replacement batteries are only warrantied for the remainder of your factory 3yr/36K warranty. WTH.

If you buy a Mopar battery, out of pocket, out of warranty, it will then have a new 2yr parts and labor warranty on it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Had a red battery warning 2.5 years after both batteries were replaced under factory warranty. Stop/Start caution “Service Soon” light is on now after that. Jeep never had issues starting/running.

I did not know this but seems kinda shady. Both batteries replaced under factory 3yr/36K warranty 2.5 years ago. I assumed the replacement batteries were warrantied for another 3 years. Nope. If batteries are replaced under warranty the replacement batteries are only warrantied for the remainder of your factory 3yr/36K warranty. WTH.

If you buy a Mopar battery, out of pocket, out of warranty, it will then have a new 2yr parts and labor warranty on it.
That is the case for all warranty parts. If your engine failed at 58k miles and the replacement fails at 62k, there is no coverage.