Sponsored

Brand of stock factory OEM Jeep windshield glass?

JustinJ

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sport 2 door
What brand is stock jeep windshield glass? I noticed it is very vulnerable to highway stone/chips.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What brand is stock jeep windshield glass?
Stock glass is MOPAR unless you have the Gorilla Glass option.

I noticed it is very vulnerable to highway stone/chips.
Yes. Be prepared for the very real possibility of needing to have the windshield replaced at some point. It is one of the joys of Wrangler ownership.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
What brand is stock jeep windshield glass? I noticed it is very vulnerable to highway stone/chips.
Chances are good that a contracted supplier or two makes them for Jeep.

Sponsored

Dowayno

First Name
Dowayno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Murdered out Willys
The higher you make your Jeep the safer the windshield is. ;)
Good theory!

I've had 2 cracked windshields in 3 months and 2 days. Rockin the 37s and both have been at the bottom of the windshields. Maybe 3 or 4 inches of lift would of prevented this issue. Lol

SmartSelect_20240509_185419_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20240509_185354_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20240509_185912_Meme Generator.jpg

BetOnBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Supreme Leader of IT
Good theory!

I've had 2 cracked windshields in 3 months and 2 days. Rockin the 37s and both have been at the bottom of the windshields. Maybe 3 or 4 inches of lift would of prevented this issue. Lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Brand of stock factory OEM Jeep windshield glass? SmartSelect_20240509_185912_Meme Generator

Jeep Wrangler JL Brand of stock factory OEM Jeep windshield glass? SmartSelect_20240509_185912_Meme Generator

My old JK with 4" of lift and 35's never had a cracked windshield. Just sayin ;)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My old JK with 4" of lift and 35's never had a cracked windshield. Just sayin ;)
Is our possible that you don't have a lot of sand / gravel being spread on your roads to deal with ice and snow? Just sayin.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You have a vertical windshield thus it's taking more impact. On the plus side, when stopped and it's raining, sometimes that rain will never hit your windshield.

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
We have a $0 deductible for glass on our insurance. We go through about two a year from rocks, debris and sand blasting. More than pays for itself. The windshield on our '23 lasted less than 90 days. On our '18 we lost three in less than a year. The shortest period was less than a month.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It is the angle of the windshield not the quality of glass. While the JL has more of a slant than the JK it is still pretty vertical. That means it absorbs the impact vs things skipping off a more slanted windshield. Get used to it, it is part of owning a Jeep.

Just yesterday I go a crack in my 3 windshield in 2 years, all 3 Gorilla glass. The 1st replaced under warranty by Jeep and the 2nd replaced just 2 months ago by insurance. The hit I took yesterday started to spread in to a large crack within seconds. Based on my experience Gorilla Glass is no better than the conventional glass.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
It varies as to how many months pass before our windshield takes damage but itā€™s pretty common out here.

The straight up and down (lack of slant to glance the blow) amplifies the intensity of rock impact so itā€™s to be expected. We use SafeLite for replacements.
Sponsored