Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ordered factory color in spray can and painted d rings sting gray

3.5” rough country suspension lift 35x12.50 Nitto grapplers 20x10 fuel hostage wheels. Rugged ridge Arcus front bumper with smittybuilt x20 winch, rough country side steps. Bi led oracle headlights oracle taillights oracle third brake light and oracle side markers, Morimoto turn signal lights then I painted everything silver on the Jeep with duplicolor black wheel spray paint. Tinted all the windows even the windshield at 30%.
image.jpg
Did you change you key holes to black?! If so how...
Sponsored

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Looks great, that’s my first color choice. Going to likely put an order in for a ‘21 JLUR in sting gray. Had a ‘17 JKUR in Rhino and jumped back into an Audi for a year, but miss the Rubi.

OP
OP
Alh84

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
Did you change you key holes to black?! If so how...
No painted them cause my Jeep is keyless entry so never use them I used duplicolor black matte wheel spray paint. A friend did his also but he used plastidip. No aftermarket ones yet so did it myself.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No painted them cause my Jeep is keyless entry so never use them I used duplicolor black matte wheel spray paint. A friend did his also but he used plastidip. No aftermarket ones yet so did it myself.
But how exactly did you do it to assure no paint on the sting gray? And photos? Hows it holding up?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alh84

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
But how exactly did you do it to assure no paint on the sting gray? And photos? Hows it holding up?
Jus use painters tape around key whole then cut a whole out of large sheet of plastic and tape it over the key whole u already taped off so your hole u cut doesn’t have to be perfect. U will want to use fine sand paper to rough them up then clean them with degreaser use Qtip to clean inside key whole good. Give 3 light coats. Holds up great duplicolor wheel paint.

e-pill

First Name
edd-e
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-DOOR JLR 2.0L TURBO STING-GRAY
Occupation
INDESTRUCTIBLE ROBOTIC HYPER FISSION ENGINEER
is tinting the windshield legal? I always thought it wasn't. your rig looks great!!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It’s not.
The only way it would be legal is if it's tinted because of a medical condition. I can have mine tinted because I suffer from migraines and headaches, but I just chose to get a strip. I was afraid it would be too dark at night. And it just gives the police an excuse to pull you over and ask for your medical papers. I just prefer to keep to myself :like:

OP
OP
Alh84

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
is tinting the windshield legal? I always thought it wasn't. your rig looks great!!
It is illegal U just have to be careful at night if your stopped at light across from police I jus turn dome light on so they can see me. It’s a non moving violation 80$ In kansas

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Love the view from the front, perfect choice w/ that bumper, looks mean!

OP
OP
Alh84

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
FYI those are called hard shackles. My guy in NC powder coated mine for like 30$
Or for 13$ u can order factory spray can and paint them to match urself