JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Unless Ford starts using a solid front axle, there’s literally no reason for Jeep die hards to be concerned about the Bronco.
Different styles of off roading. Go fast on a rocky dirt road and you get your teeth rattled in a front solid axle vehicle. Now do the same in a Bronco. Much smother. Not everyone does 1 mile an hour extreme rock crawling. Although Both are capable of the same things one just excels better in each department.
Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Unless Ford starts using a solid front axle, there’s literally no reason for Jeep die hards to be concerned about the Bronco.
Ok. But people are lifting them and putting them on 40s and keeping up with Jeeps. Moab, Rubicon, Windrock... they're doing it all, a lot even stock. I understand the SFA vs IFS argument... but if the Bronco can still conquer the obstacle, people might start having other things be the deciding factor... like infotainment, comfort, style...

Either way, people who own both are probably able to give pretty objective reviews, so I'm looking forward to what @JeepViking13 has to say after a while wheeling both =)

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Did you know Bronco buyers are still waiting 12-18 months for their glorified Rangers? Did you there are tens of thousands of Broncos still parked outside waiting for missing parts? Did you know Ford dealers are still playing games? Did know every day Bronco owners are discovering something else on their rigs that has been under-engineered?

Ford fans never cease to amaze me in their capacity to make up excuses and put up with poor engineering.
Did you know you say “Did you know” all the time?

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Did you know Bronco buyers are still waiting 12-18 months for their glorified Rangers? Did you there are tens of thousands of Broncos still parked outside waiting for missing parts? Did you know Ford dealers are still playing games? Did know every day Bronco owners are discovering something else on their rigs that has been under-engineered?

Ford fans never cease to amaze me in their capacity to make up excuses and put up with poor engineering.
Love my '22 F350 7.3 gasser! Zero issues. Hardly poor engineering. And I'm not beholden to Ford... owned them all.
Although I put hundreds of thousands of miles on Ford work trucks & vans over the last 30 years. In the service/commercial world Ford is king.
My last personal truck was a 2016 Ram 1500 hemi..... interior was a rattle trap 🤣
But overall good truck.
But I digress.... The Broncos are cool. I'm on a trip currently through CO, and I've never seen as many as I have in the last week!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Love my '22 F350 7.3 gasser! Zero issues. Hardly poor engineering. And I'm not beholden to Ford... owned them all.
Although I put hundreds of thousands of miles on Ford work trucks & vans over the last 30 years. In the service/commercial world Ford is king.
My last personal truck was a 2016 Ram 1500 hemi..... interior was a rattle trap 🤣
But overall good truck.
But I digress.... The Broncos are cool. I'm on a trip currently through CO, and I've never seen as many as I have in the last week!
Alot of Broncos in Colorado? Makes sense. Those old rocky mining trails that stretch for miles are perfect for the Bronco.

Take some pictures if you get a chance.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
SFA and IFS conquer the same obstacles only in Ford’s marketing...and on gullible minds... 😫

4-play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
That eruption green is awesome! I had an antimatter blue on order, now that color is discontinued. The dealer I bought my 2 door JK from made me an offer I couldn’t refuse and am now driving a Gladiator. Might just have to add a Bronco to the stable. For sure the 2 door!

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
Having owned a CJ7 which had a curb weight of 2700lbs and now going to a JLU with a curb weight of 4500lbs... I just don't like how big heavy these things are getting. The Bronco is heavier at a curb weight of nearly 4900k lbs.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco is heavier at a curb weight of nearly 4900k lbs.
Yeah... thats the weight of a Gearing Class Destroyer.

USS Bronco!

Jeep Wrangler JL Step Brothers 1660570232230

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Really, Jeep die-hards are going to keep buying Jeeps, and even a solid front axle competitor would not really concern them. Jeep, the corporate entity, would be the ones concerned with the Bronco and how it competes for the non die-hards. Guys like me that buy Saharas as daily drivers...:movember: Really there's nothing I do with my Jeep that an Outer Banks Bronco or a 4Runner would not be able to do.

I just happen to like Chryslers and these newfangled JLs pulled me away from the Ram 1500s and Nissan Titans I was looking at...

That being said I do fully acknowledge that the Jeep is the better off roader.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well my July 2020 Bronco reservation was finally realized built and delivered in the form of a 2022 2 door Bronco Sasquatch 2.7TT Auto in Eruption Green.

If I keep both it will live its life along side my 2022 Willys Sport Extreme Recon 2.0T in Gobi.

Hopefully they get along. No fighting in this house. Lol.

Get ready for some video content comparing them. I'm brutally honest. So no biased reviews from me.

Gotta say I really love that Willy's Sport! How does it do with the 2.0?

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Gotta say I really love that Willy's Sport! How does it do with the 2.0?
The 2.0 is plenty of power. The horsepower and tourqe numbers are way under rated. Average around 21 mpg local so far.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
SFA and IFS conquer the same obstacles only in Ford’s marketing...and on gullible minds... 😫
I just can’t handle how often the Bronco’s I’ve wheeled with are up on 3 wheels. They call it 4wheeling for a reason people. One guy even said that at the Bronco “off rodeo” they even talk about lifting a wheel like it’s almost a feature rather than a flaw.

that being said, if I was into driving dirt roads for a living. You know, the type my old Crosstrek could negotiate, and wanted to go fast…Bronco would be on my list, in the #2 spot, right after a 4Runner.
Sponsored