Sponsored

Shawn19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 4dr
Well after a while in the shop they replaced the steering rack. My steering is definitely tighter, but she just drove home last night. Today should test out the cold temps here in Ohio to see if binding occurs. I also need to test her on the highway for my shuttering and wobble issues. Will keep you posted
Steering is tighter, no play, no dead spot....but I now wonders worse than ever. Trip 7 for steering issues coming up.

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
Steering is tighter, no play, no dead spot....but I now wonders worse than ever. Trip 7 for steering issues coming up.
have them increase the toe in, add the longer mopar control arms, and make sure you have the updated stabilizer and track bar and you should be good to go. Mine tracks like a train unless it’s windy haha

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
I just posted about this in the wrong section apparently however I was just told if they cant fix my issues (same as above) they will look into buyback as well! FCA asked what I wanted for compensation for all the issues and the death wobble experience at 70mph! Had the track bar fixed 2x, stabilizer fixed 1x and still have wandering and vibrations at highway speed plus awhole set of other quality control issues inside the cabin, and not to mention the stock tires on the Sahara are dangerous in the rain - thank god im not driving in the snow, and all this for my first jeep and haven't taken off road once yet - I can only imagine if I did what would have broke

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Would you say its comparable to this?

This is exactly what mine does as well and I've had it at 3 dealers who after talking to "corporate" all said that my jeep "drives as intended" These things are complete trash.

Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
This is exactly what mine does as well and I've had it at 3 dealers who after talking to "corporate" all said that my jeep "drives as intended" These things are complete trash.
Hate to tell you, but that is perfectly normal for a Wrangler.

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Hate to tell you, but that is perfectly normal for a Wrangler.
Hard to tell if you're serious. That's not normal for any car.If you move your steering wheel back and forth like that in a functioning wrangler it will zigzag between lanes not drive straight. The Wrangler in my profile pic that has over 160k miles on stock steering parts doesn't drive like that.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Hard to tell if you're serious. That's not normal for any car.If you move your steering wheel back and forth like that in a functioning wrangler it will zigzag between lanes not drive straight. The Wrangler in my profile pic that has over 160k miles on stock steering parts doesn't drive like that.
It’s definitely not normal for a Jeep. Our JK didn’t drive like this and we were able to drive it all over Colorado and Utah a couple times with no troubles. My JL is a pita just to drive to work.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
It’s definitely not normal for a Jeep. Our JK didn’t drive like this and we were able to drive it all over Colorado and Utah a couple times with no troubles. My JL is a pita just to drive to work.
:party:

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I couldn't take it anymore on my 2018 and I finally traded it in for a Ford F150 Raptor a month ago. I could't be happier

Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I couldn't take it anymore on my 2018 and I finally traded it in for a Ford F150 Raptor a month ago. I could't be happier
....probably look way cooler in the Raptor too

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
in all seriousness, i am not much for how I look in a vehicle, but the quality in all regards is night and day difference. People paying $60K for JLUR and for $65K you can get a mostly loaded Raptor.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
in all seriousness, i am not much for how I look in a vehicle, but the quality in all regards is night and day difference. People paying $60K for JLUR and for $65K you can get a mostly loaded Raptor.
You do realize a Wrangler and a Raptor are two entirely different species right?

Ey, Jeeps arent for everyone..good luck

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Never dawned on me really, they are different ?

Come on man ! Its not about specs, its about what you get for you money and the quality factor.

OP
OP
clf1024

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
I started this thread. So if you were me, wouldn't you do a "Buy Back"?

I put 25K on a 2018 JL Sahara loaded. Had it in the show for the steering issues more that 4 times/25 days which is lemon in MI.

So I take the "buy-back" because I feel the Jeep is worth more than my down payment, right? And I'd only be getting that back, not any monthly payments.

So now here I am AGAIN. Have the 2019 JL Sahara loaded and it's been in the shop for the same issues. Only have 5000 miles on it. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be in there for 4times/25 days.

I think I need to do a push for the 2020 Sahara, right?! Bet I only owe about 12,000 left on my loan. So it's either 25,000 back or a NEW JL 2020 Sahara.

Wouldn't you take the Sahara?!
Sponsored