Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I got the wobbles and shimmies around 2500miles.. i seen many others having these issues with replacing it with another factory one, so I bit the bullet and bought the Falcon 2.2 adjustable one.. I'm now at 6k miles and its still solid as a rock in the steering.
Sponsored

JLYaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Does anyone else notice the shimmy or wobble to be worse at colder temperatures? It seems like all of these issues started in the northern states back in October and more people have chimed in from the southern states in November and December. My shimmy would come and go back in November as the temperatures fluctuated. When I experienced full on death wobble twice yesterday the temp was 37 degrees. I couldn't duplicate the death wobble with the service manager in my Jeep today when the temperature was 45 degrees. I could only duplicate the shimmy.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Wondering.....!!!!!! So could these steering stabilizers be going bad bc the actual steering geometry is bad or having issues, thus putting the stress on the steering stabilizer causing it to fail??????? hmmmmm!! or just cheap OEM stabilizers.
That sir............is the huge question. I'm leaning towards the former rather than the latter.

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Mine definitely seemed to be worse when the weather cold.

UPDATE: Dealer is saying the newly installed stabilizer is defective as well.

JLYaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my Jeep back from the dealer this evening. They told me they couldn’t duplicate the death wobble I experienced yesterday and that the problem is due to having a lift and trying to use the factory steering stabilizer. They told me that with a lift I need to get an aftermarket dual steering stabilizer. I told them that once I put an aftermarket stabilizer on and the problem comes back I’m sure they’ll tell me the problem is my aftermarket steering stabilizer. They didn’t really have a response for that.

Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Does anyone else notice the shimmy or wobble to be worse at colder temperatures? It seems like all of these issues started in the northern states back in October and more people have chimed in from the southern states in November and December. My shimmy would come and go back in November as the temperatures fluctuated. When I experienced full on death wobble twice yesterday the temp was 37 degrees. I couldn't duplicate the death wobble with the service manager in my Jeep today when the temperature was 45 degrees. I could only duplicate the shimmy.
Yes, from my experience it is worse cold. I have the new stabilizer as of a couple of days ago and had no issues yesterday at 44.

Same route today at 29 and I could feel the passenger tire trying to wobble, but the stabilizer kept it in check. I would bet the new stabilizer wears it pretty fast.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport

Lak7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
My stock, non-lifted, JLU Sport V6 started the Delerium Tremens at 3000 miles or so - was very faint then.
At 3600 now, and had 1 nasty episode of the DT's after hitting an expansion joint, and they are becoming more noticeable the colder it gets.
Expecting near Zero temps on Sunday and Monday, so I'll see what happens then.
I also have the loose steering / play & wandering on highway, though it's way better since it's been colder out.

Sponsored

JLYaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replaced my 2nd OEM stabilizer last night with the Falcon 2.2 last night. So far so good. The stock one I took off operated very easy by hand. I’m curious if I a new one is so easy to operate by hand or if this just shows that it was wore out.

Bowman19

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Mine will be going back Monday for the 3rd time. Already had the dampener replaced twice. First one was still from the bad batch the most recent was from the new one. Still get the shake at highway speeds. Local dealer has been great to work with; just want it fixed. They haven’t seen any rubicons with the issue only Sahara’s and sports.

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
Mine will be going back Monday for the 3rd time. Already had the dampener replaced twice. First one was still from the bad batch the most recent was from the new one. Still get the shake at highway speeds. Local dealer has been great to work with; just want it fixed. They haven’t seen any rubicons with the issue only Sahara’s and sports.
You may be in the lead regarding damper failures. I’m currently on my second replacement, but it only has a few hundred miles on it. Original lasted 7000 miles, #2 less than 1000. Supposedly #3 is the new part number. Only time will tell...

Leights7

First Name
Leighton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
You may be in the lead regarding damper failures. I’m currently on my second replacement, but it only has a few hundred miles on it. Original lasted 7000 miles, #2 less than 1000. Supposedly #3 is the new part number. Only time will tell...
There are some on the Facebook group that are reporting they are up to 4 stabilizers. I called the FCA today - long story short, there is nothing documented that this is a "major" issue. However, I'm optimistic and and am hoping that this results in an official recall. I'm on my second myself - but have purchased the Falcon 2.1 aftermarket. I have a big trip this week where I'll be on the highway for 600 miles and cannot risk having the factory stabilizer fail while on this trip. Really dissapointing I have to take his measure for a brand new vehicle.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
There are some on the Facebook group that are reporting they are up to 4 stabilizers. I called the FCA today - long story short, there is nothing documented that this is a "major" issue. However, I'm optimistic and and am hoping that this results in an official recall. I'm on my second myself - but have purchased the Falcon 2.1 aftermarket. I have a big trip this week where I'll be on the highway for 600 miles and cannot risk having the factory stabilizer fail while on this trip. Really dissapointing I have to take his measure for a brand new vehicle.
Mine had three already
when it doesn’t work .Ask for a buyback then
Sponsored