Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I’m also using synergy track bar bolt, on 17 clicks, works great. If I try and go any stiffer, it doesn’t play well with my caster , a little over 6 deg.

I’m at 6.8-6.9 and I was at 15 clicks when it started acting funky. We talked about this before a little bit, I’m wondering if the stabilizer and the caster are fighting each other trying to center the wheels at some point.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Edit: I guess it is raised, I haven't seen the stock location in so long I forgot what it looked like, lol
So after a few months now with the Jeep driving good I finally decided to install the relocation stuff I had sitting around for the Fox ATS stabilizer. I used the Steer smarts bracket on the axel and a 1.75 tie rod clamp from TMR customs. I installed everything and took it for a ride, not really any difference. For the hell of it I clicked the stabilizer up 4 notches, I think that ended up around 12......holly crap the thing drove like crap! Steering wheel was all over the place on every little bump, seriously though it was going to go into full on death wobble. Drove the same rout 3-4 times and it did it every time. Changed it back to the original setting and did the same ride......gone, back to the way it was. I can’t believe this thing is that sensitive.
I’m also using the Synergy Track Bar Bolt and set a 5 clicks, no issues.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying 1619740355918

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So the bracket brings it up about 1/4” but it it pretty much perfectly level with the tie rod.

7A1F29D9-A8A2-4522-8D25-9A5F1EEE317E.jpeg

8CA05DC6-1415-498B-9E93-E5A4F33BE6F5.jpeg
I’m at 6.8-6.9 and I was at 15 clicks when it started acting funky. We talked about this before a little bit, I’m wondering if the stabilizer and the caster are fighting each other trying to center the wheels at some point.
yeah, I think so, you may only be able to run less clicks because your a little higher on caster. Also yours is on a little angle, that could be adding to it as well, but that’s just a guess. I’m using the one for JK since I’m using synergy tie rod and it uses the 1.5” clamp.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying C2D09B51-3D18-4844-82C0-6B327160F0DB

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I used to run mine maxxed out, just didnt return to center, i have 3 degrees castor. It returns to center at 10 clicks, just fine, steering is too flighty with any less for me. Its already horrible

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
yeah, I think so, you may only be able to run less clicks because your a little higher on caster. Also yours is on a little angle, that could be adding to it as well, but that’s just a guess. I’m using the one for JK since I’m using synergy tie rod and it uses the 1.5” clamp.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying C2D09B51-3D18-4844-82C0-6B327160F0DB
Actually it’s just the angle of the picture. The two are actually dead even.

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
It’s just weird how it went so far out of whack. It literally was 10 times worse than what I was fighting before. Then I turned it back down and it was fine.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would be interested to see if you turned that up to 15-16 if you got any kind of wobble. Inquiring minds want to know! 😎
Initially, I did have it up around mid-range when I installed it and took it for a test drive. Wasn’t happy with how it handled. It felt like it was going to rage into a full blown DW. Backed it off to 5 clicks and feels a-lot more stable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Initially, I did have it up around mid-range when I installed it and took it for a test drive. Wasn’t happy with how it handled. It felt like it was going to rage into a full blown DW. Backed it off to 5 clicks and feels a-lot more stable.

Pretty much my exact experience

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I'm at 6.1 and 6.3, you may be on to something.

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I probably wouldn’t have even moved it but we just booked a house in Buena Vista Colorado in September. A few of the trails I am looking at look to be pretty rocky and it’s just going to be me and my wife. I pretty much in vision her spotting me right in to the stabilizer hanging down under the Jeep! I consider it preventive maintenance! Lol! 😎
Sponsored