Southeast fuel shortage...

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
oh here we go with the political names. "straw man"
lol

since you want to go there about 1% of the earth's land surface has been made into pavement, roads, cities, etc. this lowers the plant life by 1%. coincidentally, CO2 has risen 1%. must just be a coincidence. it has to be car emissions only.
Wow, it's a good thing you own a Jeep because you went pretty far off the pavement for that one.
Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
Wow, it's a good thing you own a Jeep because you went pretty far off the pavement for that one.
how about a logical retort instead of naming / abuse / etc.?

you have not addressed the problem of poor recycling rate of high tech batteries.
you have not addressed the fact that car emissions are not the whole problem.

but go ahead. make snarky comments. logic escapes you.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
since you want to go there about 1% of the earth's land surface has been made into pavement, roads, cities, etc. this lowers the plant life by 1%. coincidentally, CO2 has risen 1%. must just be a coincidence. it has to be car emissions only.
I would like to understand this better. From where is this claim sourced?

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
A " electricity shortage" means no gas, as fuel pumps at gas stations are- you guessed it - run on electricity.
You can GENERATE ELECTRIC AT HOME. Advances in solar panels, hydro turbines, and wind powered generation makes this an ever more attractive option.
You're not wrong, but I looked into this a few years ago...at the time it was roughly $15k to switch over to solar, and that was without install costs. I don't remember if that included batteries, which you would need at night.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
but again the problem is not, imo, climate stuff.
the problem is polluting our water supplies. if that gets worse, we will be in much deeper shit than having problems with the climate.

for instance: 1/8 mile from EPA headquarters in DC... the Anacostia River. it's a sludge hole. one of the worst polluted rivers in the whole USA. not even as clean as the Hudson river by NYC. it's been like this since the EPA was formed like 50 years ago. help me understand.

many, if not all, of the largest rivers are polluted. fish taken from them is dangerous to eat. local authorities even post advisories not to eat the fish taken from those rivers.
ok, great, we have other food sources. what about the other wildlife that eats those fish. does anyone care about them? ospreys, crabs, other scavengers in the water. not to mention most big cities use that same water diverted to reserviors, which gets sent to their purification plants to provide water for their city. so what if we introduce crap into the water that isn't being filtered out by those plants designed in the 1940's?

again if recycling was made great again, i would be totally on board for EV vehicles.
as it stands there is very little government oversight of recycling. lots of it gets dumped, even into the ocean. there are youtube videos of people disposing of batteries in the ocean. those videos even get likes. recycling is at a pretty poor level imo.

it's a sad state. i agree that EV is pie in the sky we would like to have someday.
however, fossil fuel is not as dirty as portrayed.

as far as pipelines, i dont think many people realize there are entities in the US who benefit from the demise of pipelines. those entities have large money... research who owns the railroads in the area of the keystone... you will be surprised. you will also be surprised to find they funded pipeline protests through shell companies to non profits.

i would wonder if maybe the recent pipeline hacking attacks that cut them off have something to do with these entities as well.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
You're not wrong, but I looked into this a few years ago...at the time it was roughly $15k to switch over to solar, and that was without install costs. I don't remember if that included batteries, which you would need at night.
That number definitely does not include batteries.

Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Until they create an electricity shortage. The grid is just as vulnerable as the pipelines.
Bio-fuel from algae will be the future. They can make it now, but not sure how easy this will be at home.
This could really hurt our trip to the Florida Jeep Jam this weekend.
Big thumbs up on this. I work for a power company and am related to someone who does stuff counter terrorism threat. Attacks on our power grid is one of the biggest threats we have in this country. Everyone is talking about how great EVs are when there is a gas shortage...no one talking about what happens when you lose power like Texas did in that winter storm or during a hurricane....

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
Yeah this expensive option makes no sense right?? Well when basement dwellers decide to play games with peoples lives, this is the situation we find ourselves in.

Literally had gassers staring with envy as I was filling up🤣

Jeep Wrangler JL Southeast fuel shortage... bait

Jeep Wrangler JL Southeast fuel shortage... bait
Geez...how long it this supposed to last? Also, isn't this affecting the entire East coast?

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Geez...how long it this supposed to last? Also, isn't this affecting the entire East coast?
according to AAA; Mississippi, Tennessee and the East Coast from Georgia to Delaware are the most likely to experience limited fuel availability

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Not for nothing, but as huge and redundant our government is, you think they could protect critical infrastructure like our PIPELINES.
I know what you're saying, and I'm not arguing, but these pipelines are private business, not a government operation. Should the government be in charge of and therefore protecting a very well funded private industry and its operations? These corporations seem to cry bloody murder at any attempt at regulation, but when they have an issue they want all the government help they can get. Seems like they want it both ways. I guess we all do, too...
Sponsored