First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
Looking online I can find the lights for about $500 from reputable places.
Where are you finding oem LED headlights for $500? The cheapest I see them is $800+.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Got a call from the Sheriff they caught the guys and busted a business that was selling the lights. Apparently 18 people got hit and they are charging them for all of them.

Way over grand theft, which in FL is a 3rd degree felony gets you 5 years in prison or 5 years probation and $5,000 fine. If the value in total exceeds $20k it goes up to 2nd degree and then it’s 15 years of prison or fifteen years of probation, including a fine of $10,000
Excellent! Make sure that you check with the DAs office. The DA is an elected official and has a duty to serve. Don’t let sweep it under the rug.

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Where are you finding oem LED headlights for $500? The cheapest I see them is $800+.
put in the part # and search
Made my day! Hopefully they’ll get some time behind bars. For future reference, it is nearly impossible to remove your JL grill from the bottom if you have a winch mounted within a Rubicon factory steel bumper. I discovered that fact when I swapped out my grill inserts with gladiator inserts. You would just need to lock your hood.
Yep this is my plan

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
put in the part # and search
I've done that and they are still 800-1200. I see carparts.com with an aftermarket version for 650. The only way I can get near 500 is buying them separately used on ebay.

Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights 1699798243775

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
I've done that and they are still 800-1200. I see carparts.com with an aftermarket version for 650. The only way I can get near 500 is buying them separately used on ebay.

1699798243775.jpeg

I just ordered a set of OE equivalent from HeadlightsDepo Amazon for $660 shipped. Looks like I got the last set There are other sellers on therearound $775

you can order direct from HeadlightsDepo but they are sold out…
https://www.headlightsdepot.com/

Rock Auto has oem replacements for $550 each or aftermarket OE equivalent for $430

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...,body+&+lamp+assembly,headlamp+assembly,10762

eBay has a few sellers with new ones as low as $700 a set

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3748326279...qZKCc6YQha&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Last edited:

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
I just ordered a set of OE equivalent from HeadlightsDepo Amazon for $660 shipped. Looks like I got the last set There are other sellers on therearound $775

Rock Auto has oem replacements for $550 each or aftermarket OE equivalent for $430

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...,body+&+lamp+assembly,headlamp+assembly,10762

eBay has a few sellers with new ones as low as $700 a set

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3748326279...qZKCc6YQha&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I ordered a set of OE equivalent from HeadlightsDepo on Amazon for $660 shipped. Looks like I got the last set but there are other sellers around $775

Thanks for the links. I wish you luck with the 'OE equivalent' but in my experience they are usually poor China knockoffs.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This wouldn't happen if Jeep owners didn't buy the used parts to save a few bucks. It's not just the thief who is a criminal.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
This wouldn't happen if Jeep owners didn't buy the used parts to save a few bucks. It's not just the thief who is a criminal.
Should we shut down the member market place and just assume everyone posting there is a theif and criminal?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Should we shut down the member market place and just assume everyone posting there is a theif and criminal?
No...but we should use common sense. When something is too good to be true, you generally know it. Black markets wouldn't exist without anxious buyers willing to turn a blind eye. It takes two to tango.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Thanks for the links. I wish you luck with the 'OE equivalent' but in my experience they are usually poor China knockoffs.
Not 100% sure if HeadlightDepot is the same as the Depot headlight manufacturer that's been around for decades, but their housings are top notch and just as good, if not better than OEM. Not sure about their actual LED and halogen bulbs though, since the set I bought for my last vehicle was used with aftermarket lamps inside.

I highly doubt the OEM Mopar headlights are made anywhere else but China.

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
They are not cheap knockoffs. They are CAPA certified, which is what your insurance would probably use in a collision repair. Mopar uses multiple suppliers and they often sell remaining stock as OE Equivalent. Check the link in rock auto for example.

rock auto you can get the Mopar OEM ones or the OE equivalent CAPA certified

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Finally got to installing the LED lights I ordered. They are in fact DEPO brand lights and exact match to stock OEM. I’m fairly certain these are made by the same company/factory that makes the Mopar lights.

Depo Brand, look exactly like OEM, plugs right in to OEM connector, CAPA certified and look exactly like OEM.

Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1474

Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1457

Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1458
Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1459
Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1461
Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1463
Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1464

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Just noticed this lettering imprinted on the lights. It says “Performance LED”. I’ll have to find an OEM set to see what they have printed there

Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1480

and one more close up

Jeep Wrangler JL Some Idiot Stole My LED Headlights IMG_1482

Last edited:

TheDogPack

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
This happens with some frequency at WPB airport. They have been targeting Jeeps and stealing bumpers and LED lights. Definitely, report it because at some point there is negligence because of a lack of security with a known issue. Also, you may want to contact a lawyer if you have a deductible to see if they are interested in taking the case.
Sponsored