Soft top lock

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I just installed my soft top that came with the duel top package. Looks and fits great. Am I correct in assuming that you only use the lock on the brackets to hold the soft top in the down position. In other words, do you lock the top when it is in the up or in the sunrider position? Probably a stupid question but the sticker on the top over the windshield had me confused. It showed a top in the sunrider position with the back of the top not tight and had an X though it. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
not really sure what locks you refer to, but i just put a soft top on my JK and i think you may be referring to the grey sliding locks that are for the sunrider (flip back sunroof).

if that’s what you are referring to, the lock prevents the hinge from openin. So...for sunroof you open the hinge which allows the hinge to bend so the sunroof will open. When you are folding back the whole top, lock them closed or it will be a real pain to reclose the top .

if you van post a pic of the item i’m sure some folks will chime in

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
not really sure what locks you refer to, but i just put a soft top on my JK and i think you may be referring to the grey sliding locks that are for the sunrider (flip back sunroof).

if that’s what you are referring to, the lock prevents the hinge from openin. So...for sunroof you open the hinge which allows the hinge to bend so the sunroof will open. When you are folding back the whole top, lock them closed or it will be a real pain to reclose the top .

if you van post a pic of the item i’m sure some folks will chime in
Yeah it’s totally different than the JK. There are two locks, one on each side on the rear sport bar, that you slide to the lock position when the soft top is folded all the way back.