Sponsored

So this is silly...

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Hi. Bonjour. That stupid Quebecer that'll probably botch half of his sentences again because english is his second language. Hey, how you doin'. That's me.

So yeah, I fell into the mighty money pit. My steel bumper has arrived. My winch has arrived. My custom dog crate has arrived. My Gobi roof rack has arrived. Everything is in order, all the pieces are there, the buying experience has been flawless for every item.

However, a very silly, say stupid thing is happening at this very moment. Because I find myself in this strange situation where all the stuff that I bought is taking about half the space in my little tiny shed...

...AND I STILL DON'T HAVE A VIN FOR MY &%?$!*# JEEP.

Is it because of that microchip shortage? Is it because Canada comes way down in Jeep's priority list? Is it because everything sucks? I don't know. Maybe. Or not. Who knows at this point?

*SIGH*

So hi. How you doin'. I'm now that guy who's sending passive agressive text messages to my dealer saying "well then, if I knew it'd be that long, I would've grown a tree, look at it become a force of nature, chop it down when it's mature, carve a chair into it and then sit down on it so I can comfortably WAIT FOR MY JEEP!"

Meanwhile, I look stupid in a beige Compass loaner.
So. How's your off-road season, you lucky bastard?

P.S.: Just needed to vent, i'm fine (with Ross Gellar's voice).
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
They cannot give VINā€™s to Canadians.

Jeep knows that Canada has been getting ready to invade the US for many years.

That is why Canadians buy jeeps, in prep for the invasion.

We have finally caught on.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Sorry to hear of your unusually long wait for the Jeep you ordered. I have never heard of this happening before this current chip shortage event and not sure I could be patient and not nag the dealership I ordered through.

I actually really like your growing a tree to make a chair to comfortably wait for your Jeep comment and I may steal it to use in the future.

Not bragging or anything, but yes, I am one of those lucky bastards enjoying my Jeep since I bought mine before the 2020 and 2021 craziness spread all over. I can sort of associate with your feeling while driving the compass since I've been given one as a loaner. You just don't get any respect when driving it. No Jeep waves, no impressed looks from girls... nothing.

Anyway, hang in there and wait it out since it's going to be worth it once you get it and all your extras on it.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm now that guy who's sending passive agressive text messages to my dealer saying "well then, if I knew it'd be that long, I would've grown a tree, look at it become a force of nature, chop it down when it's mature, carve a chair into it and then sit down on it so I can comfortably WAIT FOR MY JEEP!"
I am sorry youā€˜re suffering through a longer wait than those of us south of the great white north, but I literally cackled out loud for several minutes at this turn of phrase. Bravo.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I am sorry youā€˜re suffering through a longer wait than those of us south of the great white north, but I literally cackled out loud for several minutes at this turn of phrase. Bravo.
I got way too much time to think of jokes about it, I guess...while I look stupid in a stupid beige, stupid Compass that's too stupid to be stupid...

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
They cannot give VINā€™s to Canadians.

Jeep knows that Canada has been getting ready to invade the US for many years.

That is why Canadians buy jeeps, in prep for the invasion.

We have finally caught on.
Yeah, that scary Hyundai Accent invasion is coming for you. Beware, Vermont green Subies...

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hi. Bonjour. That stupid Quebecer that'll probably botch half of his sentences again because english is his second language. Hey, how you doin'. That's me.

So yeah, I fell into the mighty money pit. My steel bumper has arrived. My winch has arrived. My custom dog crate has arrived. My Gobi roof rack has arrived. Everything is in order, all the pieces are there, the buying experience has been flawless for every item.

However, a very silly, say stupid thing is happening at this very moment. Because I find myself in this strange situation where all the stuff that I bought is taking about half the space in my little tiny shed...

Is it because of that microchip shortage? Is it because Canada comes way down in Jeep's priority list? Is it because everything sucks? I don't know. Maybe. Or not. Who knows at this point?

*SIGH*

So hi. How you doin'. I'm now that guy who's sending passive agressive text messages to my dealer saying "well then, if I knew it'd be that long, I would've grown a tree, look at it become a force of nature, chop it down when it's mature, carve a chair into it and then sit down on it so I can comfortably WAIT FOR MY JEEP!"

It's a bad time to special order, that's for sure. I would tell you to grab one off the lot, assuming they have some up there. Many still in stock in the US.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Sorry to hear of your unusually long wait for the Jeep you ordered. I have never heard of this happening before this current chip shortage event and not sure I could be patient and not nag the dealership I ordered through.

I actually really like your growing a tree to make a chair to comfortably wait for your Jeep comment and I may steal it to use in the future.

Not bragging or anything, but yes, I am one of those lucky bastards enjoying my Jeep since I bought mine before the 2020 and 2021 craziness spread all over. I can sort of associate with your feeling while driving the compass since I've been given one as a loaner. You just don't get any respect when driving it. No Jeep waves, no impressed looks from girls... nothing.

Anyway, hang in there and wait it out since it's going to be worth it once you get it and all your extras on it.
I secretly wish my dog has a dump in that Compass. But she's well behaved. Of course, she's well behaved.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
It's a bad time to special order, that's for sure. I would tell you to grab one off the lot, assuming they have some up there. Many still in stock in the US.
There's none. Sold out. My Jeep dealer's lot is full of used Cherokees since he has nothing better to show off. It's kind of sad.

I had a peek to see if other dealers had something to offer. Nada, man. There's a used fully loaded Rubicon somewhere with way too much mileage on it. Not interested.

And that's not so much of a special order. It's a bone stock Sport S with the towing package and the diff locker. That's it. Nothing too special. Yet, if it keeps going that way, i'm not sure i'll have a 2021 model.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
No Jeep waves, no impressed looks from girls... nothing.
Wait, I'm supposed to get impressed looks from girls? That feature of my Jeep seems to be disabled. Maybe I can enable it with my Tazer?

Sponsored

MissOCD

First Name
Cecilia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4xe
Hey! Nothing wrong with having a Compass. I had a Compass and I traded it in for a 4xe. Mine was a limited edition, 4x4, billet silver with black roof...
That ā€œno respect when drivingā€ is 100% accurate. However, when we had a winter storm in Texas earlier this year, I had so much fun in the snow with my Compass, while my neighbors would just stare from their Hyundai Accents while they charged their phones.
I really liked it, but do I miss it? Not really.

Btw, it took me a whole month to get my 4xe and I didnā€™t even custom order. One week going to dealerships, and 3 weeks of waiting for one that was already in transit. So I kind of understand about 40% of your frustration.

Last edited:

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon

*SIGH*

Have you tried bribing the factory with poutine? If that doesn't work, threaten them with a flock of Canada Geese...those birds are ruthless.

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon

*SIGH*

im just curious when you ordered the jeep, Iā€™m from London, Ontario and just ordered a JLUR at the end of may

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey! Nothing wrong with having a Compass. I had a Compass and I traded it in for a 4xe. Mine was a limited edition, 4x4, billet silver with black roof...
That ā€œno respect when driving it is 100% accurate. However, when we had a winter storm in Texas earlier this year, I had so much fun in the snow with my Compass, while my neighbors would just stare from their Hyundai Accents while their charger their phones.
I really liked it, but do I miss it? Not really.

Btw, it took me a whole month to get my 4xe and I didnā€™t even custom order. One week going to dealerships, and 3 weeks of waiting for one that was already in transit. So I kind of understand about 40% of your frustration.
Says there's nothing wrong with having a Compass, then traded it in the very next sentence. :LOL:
Sponsored