Is this a Twill Softop?

Huskies91

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys JL
Looking at buying a NIB soft top for my JL. I found one locally and the guy sent me a picture. Part # appears to be twill number but i thought Bestop made them. The last one I almost bought said Bestop on outside of box. This one said Mopar.

It’s over a year old but still NIB. what did you think it’s worth?

4D360261-FF97-46E7-9EFE-F13D6B5CB786.png

A4BFE5CD-35C1-41C9-B242-244DAF6EF1CB.png
Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, looks like the twill top. Here in Atlanta they go for 1500-1800 usually if they’re still NIB. That’s higher than I’ve seen in other places, though.

OP
OP
Huskies91

Huskies91

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The guy agreed to 1300. However my concern was it’s an earlier model. Read that some had issues with the windows flying out. That the new model is improved.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
The guy agreed to 1300. However my concern was it’s an earlier model. Read that some had issues with the windows flying out. That the new model is improved.
the side windows flying out were user error. The “recall” for it was to send an updated instruction card showing people how to properly install the windows. I had an ‘18 with the old soft top and never had an issue, and drove 70mph+ every day on my commute.

The only thing that ever happened was the two small tabs on the back window (one on each side) would sometimes come out on mine, but that in no way would ever cause the back window to fly out. It’s still secured by the top and side channels, as well as the tailgate bar. Water never would even come it when those were out.

that said, the newer tops do have larger tabs that slide under the rails, but again I don’t think there is a real problem with the older top.

1300 is a good price for a twill top still in the box IMO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Huskies91

Huskies91

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the side windows flying out were user error. The “recall” for it was to send an updated instruction card showing people how to properly install the windows. I had an ‘18 with the old soft top and never had an issue, and drove 70mph+ every day on my commute.

The only thing that ever happened was the two small tabs on the back window (one on each side) would sometimes come out on mine, but that in no way would ever cause the back window to fly out. It’s still secured by the top and side channels, as well as the tailgate bar. Water never would even come it when those were out.

that said, the newer tops do have larger tabs that slide under the rails, but again I don’t think there is a real problem with the older top.

1300 is a good price for a twill top still in the box IMO.

Thanks... I appreciate the info. That makes me feel much more comfortable. Yeah 1300 is a solid price. About 300 less than any other I've looked at. thank you.