"Shipping Process"

Andrew_SD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
On February 23, I ordered a JLU Sahara from a dealer in rural Minnesota. When I ordered it, he gave me a timeframe of 8-12 weeks. So far, I'm just over 7 weeks in, so I'm still within the original time he told me, but between my conversations with the salesman at the dealership, and the conversations with Jeep chat, I'm very confused as to what the actual status is. On 4/1, I talked to my dealer, and he said it had shipped, and I got the VIN. On 4/10, he told me that it was actually shipped with and asterisk, and that the asterisk meant that it still needed "final inspection".

Yesterday, I looked on the dealer's website, and they only have a single JL in inventory, listed "in transit". and sure enough, it's the same VIN that my salesman gave me on 4/1. Talking to Jeep Chat today, armed with my VIN, they told me it was in the "shipping process", and when I asked for clarification as to if that meant it had actually shipped, the reply was "Once it's in the shipping process, we don't have any other information besides an ETA", and they listed an ETA of 4/30-5/4.

Has anybody else seen anything similar? It's Sunday, and we're in the middle of digging out of a blizzard over the weekend, so I'll give him a call tomorrow. Mostly I just need a place to vent, and lament the fact that I can order a bag of dog food from any online retailer, and track it from their warehouse directly to my front door, but when I order a $44k+ vehicle, they can't be bothered to implement any consumer friendly inventory tracking.
Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Mine showed up on jeep's website as in transit a week before it actually shipped. MY dealer is close to the factory so it shipped and arrived the same day.

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
I understand wanting to vent I'm 65 days into waiting since my order, I need to sell my car and preapply for my car loan. But I haven't bothered Jeep chat for nearly 3 weeks and before then it was once a week.

I posted this elsewhere yesterday, granted this document is 8 years old. But it gives a general idea how the build process goes. Now they could possibly add a layer of IT in there to post to an app. But the way people can be some would pester the hell out of them for any little deviation in the build process. And dealing with that I can certainly understand why no manufacturer would want to deal with it.

It's not like ordering and building a pizza with 2 -6 toppings. There are thousands of parts and assembly details that can have hiccups in the process.

Attachments

Last edited:

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
Mostly I just need a place to vent, and lament the fact that I can order a bag of dog food from any online retailer, and track it from their warehouse directly to my front door, but when I order a $44k+ vehicle, they can't be bothered to implement any consumer friendly inventory tracking.
there is so much truth in this statement I can't begin to point out.

Someone ( @JeepCares ?) should probably take this feedback to FCA and help them implement something a little bit, better?

maybe call up Purina and see how they track that $10 bag of dog food so well...

yeoman18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On Order JLU Sahara GCM
there is so much truth in this statement I can't begin to point out.

Someone ( @JeepCares ?) should probably take this feedback to FCA and help them implement something a little bit, better?

maybe call up Purina and see how they track that $10 bag of dog food so well...
I was having this same conversation with someone last night - it is so frustrating. But then again, I would have to imagine that FCA's implementation of a "consumer" tracking system that is accurate is likely not a good use of their resources. I'd bet that over 98% of Wrangler sales (from the 2nd model year on) are not orders from a customer, but rather purchases off of the lot, or dealer swaps.

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Do you know the name of the railroad that is transporting your Jeep? Burlington-Northern car transport units are given the lowest priority on the rails. My 2015 Mustang sat for nearly 3 weeks near Chicago...then took one day to get to the Twin Cities.

Juliawolfe

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
There are many transporters that do not take care of the automobiles once they are shipped and the dealer comes in tension and still is confused about the automobiles, so for transportation purposes just selecting a transporter won’t work but hiring a trusted and reliable company is a better option. My Uncle always prefers car transport Bristol by Connecticut Auto Transporter, a reliable transportation company that owns a good reputation and a great record of safe automobiles delivery.

jilljohnson

First Name
jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic-TypeR 2018
I've suffered the same problem many times some time they give you the wrong time or they just don't pick up the call at all. You should try Ship A1 or all state to state auto transport & ask for expedited shipping for faster delivery otherwise it's gonna take forever with normal delivery....

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I know with a Rubicon the dealership can give you that exact tracking location for your jeep, what state it is in etc.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Your dealer actually has access to very detailed shipping information that is pretty accurate (there used to be a site that provided this tracking but they got shut down).

Jeep Chat does not have access to this information. Once your vehicle is shipped, you have to get updates from your dealer.

Here is an example of the tracking that was derived from the dealer system for my JLU:

ThirtyOne (Wrangler Sport Unlimited JL - Sting-Grey)
Date ordered: 02/28/2017
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 04/06/2018
Estimated delivery: 04/28/2018 - 05/02/2018
Built pending inspection: 04/17/2018
Production Status KZ Received 04/17/18 03:53:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 04/17/18 07:25:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 04/20/18 03:15:02 PM TOLEDO, OH
Railcar Released by Consignee 04/20/18 05:38:00 PM TOLEDO, OH
Rail Interconnect Carrier 04/21/18 02:15:00 AM MILAN, MI
In-Transit 04/22/18 06:22:00 AM MILLBURY SCANNER, OH
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 04/22/18 01:20:00 PM FOSTORIA, OH
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 04/23/18 03:55:00 AM BELLEVUE, OH
In-Transit 04/23/18 01:02:00 PM FRANK, OH
In-Transit 04/24/18 07:33:00 AM ADA, WV
In-Transit 04/24/18 03:00:00 PM STARKEY, VA
Railhead, Railcar Ingate (Arrival) 04/24/18 08:03:00 PM WALKERTOWN, NC
Railcar Unloaded 04/26/18 07:23:00 PM WINSTON-SALEM, NC VDC
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 05/01/18 04:31:00 PM WINSTON-SALEM, NC (on truck to dealer)
Dealer Delivered 05/01/18 06:04:00 PM

DavidLMorris

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
On February 23, I ordered a JLU Sahara from a dealer in rural Minnesota. When I ordered it, he gave me a timeframe of 8-12 weeks. So far, I'm just over 7 weeks in, so I'm still within the original time he told me, but between my conversations with the salesman at the dealership, and the conversations with Jeep chat, I'm very confused as to what the actual status is. On 4/1, I talked to my dealer, and he said it had shipped, and I got the VIN. On 4/10, he told me that it was actually shipped with and asterisk, and that the asterisk meant that it still needed "final inspection".

Yesterday, I looked on the dealer's website, and they only have a single JL in inventory, listed "in transit". and sure enough, it's the same VIN that my salesman gave me on 4/1. Talking to Jeep Chat today, armed with my VIN, they told me it was in the "shipping process", and when I asked for clarification as to if that meant it had actually shipped, the reply was "Once it's in the shipping process, we don't have any other information besides an ETA", and they listed an ETA of 4/30-5/4.

Has anybody else seen anything similar? It's Sunday, and we're in the middle of digging out of a blizzard over the weekend, so I'll give him a call tomorrow. Mostly I just need a place to vent, and lament the fact that I can order a bag of dog food from any online retailer, and track it from their warehouse directly to my front door, but when I order a $44k+ vehicle, they can't be bothered to implement any consumer friendly inventory tracking.
This is very strange and therefore I do not use dubious companies to transport vehicles. I once had a bad experience and as a result I lost more than 50,000 bucks. After that I started looking for a reliable company. Most of my friends advised one company from America that has a great reputation .I needed transportation of a car from a factory in Germany to Minisota and it turned out that this company is engaged in moving overseas. I was very happy and decided to try it and me Jeep Wrangler arrived literally in 2 weeks and there weren’t any scratches or dents, and the price was around $ 1,800. So be careful when choosing a company.
Sponsored