Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I see now you’ve had a troubled history with this Jeep. It may have a bad valve body or connection at the transmission. This is not a problem I’d recommend trying to fix on your own.
Sponsored

sandy.h

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
We’re you having the exact same problem before you put the battery in? It sounds like you blew the fuse. On a second attempt to start it does not use the auxiliary battery.

I recommend disconnecting the auxiliary battery leads at the main battery and testing voltage. Also, test continuity across the posts on the battery fuse.
I was having the same problems before bbbuuuuttttt it would be months in between each incident. And of course when I would take it in, they cant mimic the problem so they can’t fix it. I have suggested for them to look at different specific things when I learn something new from the forums. The tech just kind of dismisses my suggestions.

One more thing I forgot to note though! After I replaced the aux battery, the jeep would turn on, engine on, dash and display would turn on. Then all of a sudden dash and display turn off, but jeep is still on and running. When I replaced the aux battery I took the PDC apart, I thought maybe some fuses got messed up, they were all good. I then proceeded to tighten the four bolts holding the PDC together. Tried starting it again and it worked fine. Took it for a ride, no problems. Now two days later, we got problems!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
You should never have removed the PDC. Whoever suggested that to you is a jackass.

sandy.h

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
You should never have removed the PDC. Whoever suggested that to you is a jackass.
I can only find the humor in the fact that YouTube had made me think I could be a mechanic.

I didn’t fully remove it. I just took it apart a little. I don’t think I damaged anything though. But it was hard to see everything because of how small the space is.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I can only find the humor in the fact that YouTube had made me think I could be a mechanic.

I didn’t fully remove it. I just took it apart a little. I don’t think I damaged anything though. But it was hard to see everything because of how small the space is.
The pins are just too delicate to recommend removing the pdc for anything other than when absolutely necessary. Removing the fender liner to access the aux battery is much simpler and safer.

Do you own a multimeter?

Sponsored

sandy.h

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
The pins are just too delicate to recommend removing the pdc for anything other than when absolutely necessary. Removing the fender liner to access the aux battery is much simpler and safer.

Do you own a multimeter?
I’m going to get one today since the two I do have are not working. Is there a way to check if the pins were damaged without having to take it apart again?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I’m going to get one today since the two I do have are not working. Is there a way to check if the pins were damaged without having to take it apart again?
Testing continuity / resistance from individual components to the top side of the PDC.

Did the dealership ever replace the valve body in your transmission?

sandy.h

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Testing continuity / resistance from individual components to the top side of the PDC.

Did the dealership ever replace the valve body in your transmission?
I do remember them changing something in the transmission but I don’t think it was the valve body. It was the only thing they really did in all the times I had taken it in and them having it for a week at a time.

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
I am also getting the dashboard message that my Electronic Stabilty Control function is not working. My jeep has 3,000 miles and cost more than a Lexus. The dealer told me they won’t even look at the issue because I installed a tow bar to tow it behind an RV. They said I voided my warranty even though a major National company installed the tow bar. I am fed up. They can take this 2021 jeep and shove it.
yes, that dealer is incorrect/just doesn.t want to deal with it.

I set mine up myself with a Blue Ox base plate the first month I got it. I.ve been to a couple of dealers around the country with warranty fixes and none have even questioned it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I do remember them changing something in the transmission but I don’t think it was the valve body. It was the only thing they really did in all the times I had taken it in and them having it for a week at a time.
Do you have a receipt or service record of that visit?

Sponsored

sandy.h

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Do you have a receipt or service record of that visit?
I don’t, it was such a long time ago.

I just drove the jeep agin and it did the same thing. This time I had my super chips flashcal and read the dtc codes. U11C2 is a lost transmission message so I’m assuming it might be something wrong with the wiring from the PCM to transmission. What do you think?

57722AC2-D1A9-4858-8098-079B48E9AB37.jpeg

693388F6-5793-467B-A7DB-B1AC07892FAE.jpeg

CFC1E72E-D56F-43EE-9FA1-004755AB8AE2.jpeg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I think you need a valve body, or you have a bad connection between the two.

Seems like a bad canbus connector has been relatively common on the JL. They're cheap.

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready 61EE724F-40D3-44D5-B9B3-BCE491B11C61
Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready 61EE724F-40D3-44D5-B9B3-BCE491B11C61
Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready 3134B384-BBB2-47D2-8534-B8F173ABA814
Try replacing the high speed can bus behind the glove box
Sponsored