Selec-trac Question

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Ok my apologies to the poster. Didn’t know that. But .... Why? Why dilute the Rubicon brand? Don’t get me wrong, I think the SelecTrac system is fine and very capable, I’ve twken my off-road in some pretty bad conditions and it’s fine. But the Rubicon is meant to offer the pinnacle in Jeep engineering. Why do this???
I would venture to say at least for this, the export Rubicon is better. You get SelecTrac plus lockers. I'm no expert but that sounds great.
Sponsored

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Ok my apologies to the poster. Didn’t know that. But .... Why? Why dilute the Rubicon brand? Don’t get me wrong, I think the SelecTrac system is fine and very capable, I’ve twken my off-road in some pretty bad conditions and it’s fine. But the Rubicon is meant to offer the pinnacle in Jeep engineering. Why do this???
i appreciate the apology, in the US people but the sahara because they rather have the 4wd auto on snow, other rather have the RockTrac, i have the RockTrac with 4wd auto, its made possible because of the cv joints or so i have been told here, i don't understand how you see it as less capable than the US version.

785.png

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I would venture to say at least for this, the export Rubicon is better. You get SelecTrac plus lockers. I'm no expert but that sounds great.
For what the Rubicon is designed for (which is obviously not what 95% of buyers use it for), it wouldn’t be. The crawl ratio on the RockTrac would be a game changer on the hardest trails.

Now you are correct that for the way most Rubicon owners actually use their Jeeps, the lockers on a SelecTrac would be great. But that’s not what it’s designed for.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
For what the Rubicon is designed for (which is obviously not what 95% of buyers use it for), it wouldn’t be. The crawl ratio on the RockTrac would be a game changer on the hardest trails.

Now you are correct that for the way most Rubicon owners actually use their Jeeps, the lockers on a SelecTrac would be great. But that’s not what it’s designed for.
We still get the Rock.-Trac 4:1, that’s the same as the US version isn’t it?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yes, just to be clear, we have.... Selec-Trac, lockers and the Rock-Trac transfer case with the 4:1 ratio.
You can’t have both selec-Trac and rock-trac, that’s the name of two different transfer cases. The euro spec rubicon simply has a Euro spec rock-trac transfer case that combines the best parts of both. It’s pretty neat.

The only “less capable” parts of the euro spec rubicon are the lower fenders, narrower axles (but still D44 front and rear with lockers), and the lack of steel bumper should. You guys’ laws are just too restrictive about “pedestrian safety”.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
You can’t have both selec-Trac and rock-trac, that’s the name of two different transfer cases. The euro spec rubicon simply has a Euro spec rock-trac transfer case that combines the best parts of both. It’s pretty neat.

The only “less capable” parts of the euro spec rubicon are the lower fenders, narrower axles (but still D44 front and rear with lockers), and the lack of steel bumper should. You guys’ laws are just too restrictive about “pedestrian safety”.
Ok, yes what we get is 4 hi auto with the rock-trac transfer case as I understand it. In the UK brochure it’s called Comand-Trac?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Ok, yes what we get is 4 hi auto with the rock-trac transfer case as I understand it. In the UK brochure it’s called Comand-Trac?
That's odd, Command-trac is the sport transfer case.

Sponsored

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Selec-Trac with 4:1 and Lockers

I guess they use Roc-Trac + Selec-Trac for marketing purposes since its easier than to say a "modified Selec-Trac" transfer case
the brochure says both its making my head hurt too.
i will crawl under the jeep and find a part number or something tomorrow.

123.png

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
the brochure says both its making my head hurt too.
i will crawl under the jeep and find a part number or something tomorrow.

123.png
“Rock-Trac 4x4 System” means absolutely nothing. Damn Europeans.

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“Rock-Trac 4x4 System” means absolutely nothing. Damn Europeans.
so is it the selectrac with 4:1 ratio ? this is what i got (4:1 Rock-Trac HD Full Time 4WD Sys) when i logged into my mopar account.

99.jpg
Sponsored