Selec-trac Question

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
so is it the selectrac with 4:1 ratio ? this is what i got (4:1 Rock-Trac HD Full Time 4WD Sys) when i logged into my mopar account.

99.jpg
6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.
Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Another advantage of being 4HI Auto is an increase of steering sensitivity. My JLUS with Selec-Trac has loose steering in 2WD mode that the dealer claims is a "Jeep Thing" which is another story for another thread but when I shift to 4HI Auto the steering tightens. I shift to this mode in rain or when it's windy or anytime I need better steering response.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
I am new to the Wrangler and the Selec-Trac on my Sahara. I researched and could not find a straight answer on the 4 Hi Auto speed limit. I have read 45 mph max and any speed.
I know the speed limits for 4Hi and 4 LO but is there a limit for the 4Hi Auto? Can I just leave it on 4Auto all the time or is there a speed limit for it?
4HI Auto can be left in place forever and never moved unless you go off road and therefor want to use 4hi, or 4lo. the 4 auto is just like AWD on many cars. Leave it and forget it. I keep it in auto permanently. You don't have to do a thing. The front wheels actually have more pull then the rears push, so it won't lose control in snow or ice streets. 4Hi and 4 LO don't have this ideal split so in snow or ice it's easy to spin out like my old Wranglers and TJ Wrangler. The 4HIauto is the best thing on my Wrangler.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Ok my apologies to the poster. Didn’t know that. But .... Why? Why dilute the Rubicon brand? Don’t get me wrong, I think the SelecTrac system is fine and very capable, I’ve twken my off-road in some pretty bad conditions and it’s fine. But the Rubicon is meant to offer the pinnacle in Jeep engineering. Why do this???
Dude.. sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.
This topic has been beat to death many, many times on this forum. Maybe you should read some of those threads before spouting off.
The Rubicon in ALL markets except NA have BOTH selectrac AND the Rocktrac transfer case with 4:1 gears, plus lockers, plus swaybar disconnect, It is not "watered down" as you claim. Just different than what you have.
They have D44s, front and rear. Except that they added CV joints to the front so that 4 auto is possible.
I have been under the sahara and rubi at the show room, and the transfer case and axles are clearly different.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Dude.. sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.
This topic has been beat to death many, many times on this forum. Maybe you should read some of those threads before spouting off.
The Rubicon in ALL markets except NA have BOTH selectrac AND the Rocktrac transfer case with 4:1 gears, plus lockers, plus swaybar disconnect, It is not "watered down" as you claim. Just different than what you have.
They have D44s, front and rear. Except that they added CV joints to the front so that 4 auto is possible.
I have been under the sahara and rubi at the show room, and the transfer case and axles are clearly different.
Thank you....I thought I was going crazy there for a while!

Roy_Hobbs

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue Sky One-Touch
Another advantage of being 4HI Auto is an increase of steering sensitivity. My JLUS with Selec-Trac has loose steering in 2WD mode that the dealer claims is a "Jeep Thing" which is another story for another thread but when I shift to 4HI Auto the steering tightens. I shift to this mode in rain or when it's windy or anytime I need better steering response.
Thank you for this post. I thought i was just imagining 4Auto feeling tighter. Maybe I’m not crazy

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
I am new to the Wrangler and the Selec-Trac on my Sahara. I researched and could not find a straight answer on the 4 Hi Auto speed limit. I have read 45 mph max and any speed.
I know the speed limits for 4Hi and 4 LO but is there a limit for the 4Hi Auto? Can I just leave it on 4Auto all the time or is there a speed limit for it?
No speed limit, I keep it there and have kept it there for almost 30K miles.
Sponsored