Seicane 9” head unit

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Did you have to rewire the backup camera from scratch or did you somehow reuse the old cables?
I bought a $20 camera comes with 20 feet of cable, All I did is run the wire to the head unit and mounted it on the bottom of my bumper.
Sponsored

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if our Seicane is compatible on this on because the MTCD is HA and ours is HF . If you have done upgrading it let me know.
I posted this AFTER I upgraded. Works amazing. I've been running it for a few weeks now. The full version is so worth the few bucks too.

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Anyone able to provide a summary as to the full install. A list of parts required and actions to get fully working would be much appreciated.

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone able to provide a summary as to the full install. A list of parts required and actions to get fully working would be much appreciated.
No extra parts necessary, except an aftermarket backup camera, if you chose to keep one (I'm not running one -- don't care). Stereo installs just like any other -- you just need to tuck all the wiring out of the way and shove the air ducts down as much as possible before setting the deck in. That's it! Other than that, I recommend using the Malaysk ROM. Even the lite version is many times better in terms of what all is included and how it's laid out. The full version will blow your mind away tho.

Sponsored

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There seems to be three versions, $210, $251, and $364 version. Which version are people currently installing?

$251 version:
https://www.seicane.com/2018-jeep-w...t-4g-carplay-usb-steering-wheel-control-h276k

$364 version:
https://www.seicane.com/all-in-one-...ontrol-usb-carplay-aux-support-dvr-obd2-h276g
This not being my first rodeo with these Chinese Android decks, I knew better than to cheap out. Buy the one with the biggest specs you can get. These things are SLOOOOW if they get short on resources, specifically memory. Spend the $400 (after shipping). You'll be much happier that you did.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
This not being my first rodeo with these Chinese Android decks, I knew better than to cheap out. Buy the one with the biggest specs you can get. These things are SLOOOOW if they get short on resources, specifically memory. Spend the $400 (after shipping). You'll be much happier that you did.
Correct, Always get bigger Memory/ and CPU, it will save you in the future.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I posted this AFTER I upgraded. Works amazing. I've been running it for a few weeks now. The full version is so worth the few bucks too.
Before I jump on the gun with this, I have iphone that works on Carplay directly on this Head unit using Zlink App that comes with the OEM ROM. If I upgraded to this version is the zLink Apps still on this? Can you verify I hate to lose this app. I don't think it is available to download in public APK sites.

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Before I jump on the gun with this, I have iphone that works on Carplay directly on this Head unit using Zlink App that comes with the OEM ROM. If I upgraded to this version is the zLink Apps still on this? Can you verify I hate to lose this app. I don't think it is available to download in public APK sites.
Zlink is on both the free (LITE) and paid (FULL) versions. The biggest difference in the two versions is the very well designed launcher choices and the ViperFX (audio enhancements) integration available only in the paid version. Worth every penny IMHO.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian

Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU

Maurice82

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Edition
Yes we are waiting for our Guinea pig to verify if works. Shelling out $80 from China is not easy
So in totality.....what all is needed to not lose any of the factory functions (ie, steering wheel controls, SiriusXM Radio, backup camera, screen menus, etc)? The most expensive one they offer, this $80 module, and what else? I'm upgrading from the 7" UConnect Screen. Thanks in advance!

20191229_153548.jpg

Last edited:

Viperbmw69

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
So in totality.....what all is needed to not lose any of the factory functions (ie, steering wheel controls, SiriusXM Radio, backup camera, screen menus, etc)? The most expensive one they offer, this $80 module, and what else? I'm upgrading from the 7" UConnect Screen. Thanks in advance!

20191229_153548.jpg
Any update on this? I am trying to upgrade from the 7in with alpine system to a teyes HU. I do not have the unit yet. I bought all the modules and adapters.

Maurice82

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Edition
Any update on this? I am trying to upgrade from the 7in with alpine system to a teyes HU. I do not have the unit yet. I bought all the modules and adapters.
So what modules are we talking? I need this Seicane option to work. The new Alpine headunit is just too expensive, and so is the Infotainment headunit....both are over $1800 respectively.

Last edited:

Viperbmw69

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
So what modules are we talking? I need this Seicane option to work. The new Alpine headunit is just too expensive, and so is the Infotainment headunit....bot over $1800 respectively.
No I mean I have the alpine factory sound system with sub woofer.
Sponsored