OP

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
It was $384 shipped after I added a obd Bluetooth adapter for 16. Found a discount code sc3. Shipping was $56

JLsport2019

Will this fut the 2019 JL?
The 2018's were a half year (2018.5 JL)

if so, that is a great price for a 9".

I have the 2019 7" (will I lose any functions?....or gain functions?)
I can't pay $1000 for a factory 12" screen.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Just a short word of caution on these off brand import head units.
I most folks wonder why on earth the big guys charge so much money for a head unit when the tech inside is not that advanced. Same is true for the factory navigation. Does it really cost 1.5k to make that thing?
Well.. Yes and no.
Hardware wise, or course not.
The associated costs with producing a head unit are very high. For a global rollout, Jeep would have likely spent 1-2 million USD for certifications.. just for the head unit.
Well, Jeep will not have actually made the unit. They would have contracted Harmon, Continental or other maker to do it and they would pay the certification costs. Naturally that gets wrapped up into what Jeeps pays them.

Anyhow..
Part of the certification is e-marking. You know that little E1 or E13 or Ewhatever you see around your car? That's e-marking.
For head units which can access the CAN, this means you need to do CAN BUS testing at a 3rd party certified laboratory.
This is because badly engineered products can totally trash your CAN system and even cause a fatal accident or electrical fire.
We have seen products in our lab as simple as a USB charger that introduce so much interference that it caused physical damage to a the CAN system.
I would be very careful about that I plug into my cars electrical system.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
@18sport can you post pictures and review after you install the unit? Do you need to order the BEZEL SURROUND OEM MOPAR for this or it will use the stock bezel. On Infotainment it comes with their own Bezzel Panel.
see the difference at 7:20 sec on the video

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Look like there is 2 versions https://www.seicane.com/all-in-one-...ontrol-usb-carplay-aux-support-dvr-obd2-h276g $379

• CPU: High quality 8 - Core 1.5 GHz Coretex-A53 processor with great performance
  • GPU: with Mali-600MP4 Quad-core GPU, It supports dual-screen display for the highest resolution of 2048*1536.
  • Hard Disk: 32 GB INand Flash
  • RAM: 4GB Samsung DDR3
  • Screen: multi-touch screen with smooth operation, high sensitivity and abundant interaction for the better view of your road ahead.
  • UI: With exquisite and user-friendly user interface, you can set any of your favorite application icons as shortcut on the main menu and set the position of the icons according to your preference.

and yours https://www.seicane.com/2018-jeep-w...t-4g-carplay-usb-steering-wheel-control-h276k $305

• CPU: High quality Quad Core Coretex-A35 1.5GHz processor with great performance
  • GPU: with Mali-600MP4 Quad-core GPU, It supports dual-screen display for the highest resolution of 2048*1536.
  • Hard Disk: 16 GB INand Flash
  • RAM:2GB Samsung DDR3
  • Screen: multi-touch screen with smooth operation, high sensitivity and abundant interaction for the better view of your road ahead.
  • UI: With exquisite and user-friendly user interface, you can set any of your favorite application icons as shortcut on the main menu and set the position of the icons according to your preference.

OP
OP

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
Well that sucks I didn’t realize they had 2 to choose from. And it looks like the one I got last night was $345 now today it’s $305 wtf!

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen mixed reviews on these. Hope you have a good experience with it. Post reviews after 3 months.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well that sucks I didn’t realize they had 2 to choose from. And it looks like the one I got last night was $345 now today it’s $305 wtf!
LOL I just went to the site just now and they bumped to $345 again WTF

Sponsored

OP
OP

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
Tracking says it should b here tomorrow

OP
OP

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
Got it Friday they shipped wrong wiring harness with it and waiting on the correct one