Seicane 9” head unit

Sylent2018

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 door
Any ideas if this would work to configure Aux switches?
No... Nothing that I have came across. I am actually not liking all the features it has. I went from playing with my phone to playing with the radio. It's a tablet that receives radio. May go back to my 5" uconnect this week.
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
It's a tablet that receives radio. May go back to my 5" uconnect this week.
And to top it off an android tablet so it’s just horrid to use.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
No... Nothing that I have came across. I am actually not liking all the features it has. I went from playing with my phone to playing with the radio. It's a tablet that receives radio. May go back to my 5" uconnect this week.
Thanks for the input. Sorry to see it didn't work out for you. It definitely looks awesome. I am sure other options will start to pop up soon.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I'd love to take a look at this headunit in person if you're willing. I live in Dublin and work in Alameda, let me know when and where you guys decide to meet and I'll try to make it over to where you are.
message me I can show you in the weekend.

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
And to top it off an android tablet so it’s just horrid to use.
As someone who deploys tablets for commercial purposes for a living, I can attest with authority that this opinion is wrong. Android units are infinitely easier, more intuitive, more configurable, and more reliable than their iOS counterparts. Further, having had one of these Android units in my previous vehicle (Cadillac CTS-V), I've been chomping at the bit to get one in my Jeep.

Sponsored

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Seicane last night. I too am having a little issue with fitment. I see the issues, and resolved one of them already. The biggest issue is that the bottom corners of the deck are hitting the HVAC tubes. I'll pull out a heat gun tonight and give myself the 1/8" of clearance I need to get it to sit properly. The second is the top clips. No where is it documented, but you need to pull the white tabs off of the top two posts on the factory bezel, and snap them onto the top two posts of the Seicane bezel. Without them, the bezel doesn't snap into the dash.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Looking at doing the same thing and very curious how this turns out for you. I know others on here struggled to get the backup camera working but did you have any luck?

19 Punk'N JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I've been following this post for awhile and decided to share my progress.

9" Seicane Head Unit
(2) RE Audio XX 12" Subs
(4) Skar Audio 4" Mids
(4) Skar Audio 3.5" Mids
Taramps MD 3000.1 Amp
Taramps TS 400X4 Amp (Used to replace the Kenwood Amp pictured
Kinetic 600 Battery
0GA AWG wiring (Wiring is now cleaner and more professional. I'll post new pics soon)

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I installed my Seicane last night. I too am having a little issue with fitment. I see the issues, and resolved one of them already. The biggest issue is that the bottom corners of the deck are hitting the HVAC tubes. I'll pull out a heat gun tonight and give myself the 1/8" of clearance I need to get it to sit properly. The second is the top clips. No where is it documented, but you need to pull the white tabs off of the top two posts on the factory bezel, and snap them onto the top two posts of the Seicane bezel. Without them, the bezel doesn't snap into the dash.
If you have the first version and you need to fit it I loose some screws to make it upward then all fit now.

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The factory backup camera will not work since it is using Fakra connection. I bought multiple fakra to RCA and no luck so I ended up buying a $20 camera from Amazon, but you can do front and back camera on this with out any modification of wiring since it has Auxiliary and connection for camera and built in apps for front and back camera. The USB will work but you need to buy USB 2.0 A Male to USB B Mini 5 Pin Female Adapter Converter . This one also has a built in Car Play if you have iphone, The Android car should work too.
That FAKRA adapter works (I ordered the same one). The problem is the CAN BUS adapter isn't sending the signal to the camera to turn on. I'mma see if I can work with Seicane's useless "Support" to see if we can come up with a solution.

Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
That FAKRA adapter works (I ordered the same one). The problem is the CAN BUS adapter isn't sending the signal to the camera to turn on. I'mma see if I can work with Seicane's useless "Support" to see if we can come up with a solution.
Let me know if you find a work around. You can go to Factory Settings , password is 126 and go to CANBUS setting and see if you can play around there.

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For the Seicane unit, Malaysk (xda-developers) has released a ROM for these units that is infinitely more stable, faster, and better laid out than the OEM ROM. These are PX5 Android 9 units. The proper ROM for them can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...roid-6-8-9-t3955343/post80029186#post80029186

I highly recommend the FULL version, which the dev does ask for a $20 donation to receive (worth it for ViperFX alone), but you can run the LITE version free of charge.

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Let me know if you find a work around. You can go to Factory Settings , password is 126 and go to CANBUS setting and see if you can play around there.
Anyone have any luck with the backup camera connection? I ordered a T'EYES and it looks exactly the same as Seicane and the Phoenix model. Also the same problem with the connections in the back...

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
The factory backup camera will not work since it is using Fakra connection. I bought multiple fakra to RCA and no luck so I ended up buying a $20 camera from Amazon, but you can do front and back camera on this with out any modification of wiring since it has Auxiliary and connection for camera and built in apps for front and back camera. The USB will work but you need to buy USB 2.0 A Male to USB B Mini 5 Pin Female Adapter Converter . This one also has a built in Car Play if you have iphone, The Android car should work too.

Since you are in Livermore and I'm in San Leandro I can show it to you if you want to see the actual head unit and play around with it.
Did you have to rewire the backup camera from scratch or did you somehow reuse the old cables?

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
For the Seicane unit, Malaysk (xda-developers) has released a ROM for these units that is infinitely more stable, faster, and better laid out than the OEM ROM. These are PX5 Android 9 units. The proper ROM for them can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...roid-6-8-9-t3955343/post80029186#post80029186

I highly recommend the FULL version, which the dev does ask for a $20 donation to receive (worth it for ViperFX alone), but you can run the LITE version free of charge.
I'm not sure if our Seicane is compatible on this on because the MTCD is HA ( Dasaita ) and ours is HF( really new manufacturer, no one know who is the manufacturer and Seicane is only a re seller. ) . If you have done upgrading it let me know.
Sponsored