Aftermarket head unit possible?

RHCPepper7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Hello i was wondering if installing an aftermarket head unit is possible in the new JL. I am big into car audio and would defiantly be adding some subs. I went on jeeps website and noticed Uconnect 3 is the standard option? Would that be easier to replace possibly? I just like the look and feel of aftermarket stereos. Also they make it easier to add subwoofers and amps and whatnot, not to mention greater equalizer settings.

I just dont know how i could go from using a volume knob to using a touch screen for controlling volume, seems so inconvenient to me, i like to be able to go from zero to almost full blast in an instant, or be able to turn the music down real quickly as well. For those of you with the Uconnect 4, how smoothly does the volume change and how long does it take to go up and down in volume using wheel controls?

Also another quick question. Does it look like you can fit sealed subs under the front and back seats in any way? How much space is there under all the seats in the Jl? I would really like to have a small sub under each seat.

Thanks
Sponsored

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Hello i was wondering if installing an aftermarket head unit is possible in the new JL. I am big into car audio and would defiantly be adding some subs. I went on jeeps website and noticed Uconnect 3 is the standard option? Would that be easier to replace possibly? I just like the look and feel of aftermarket stereos. Also they make it easier to add subwoofers and amps and whatnot, not to mention greater equalizer settings.

I just dont know how i could go from using a volume knob to using a touch screen for controlling volume, seems so inconvenient to me, i like to be able to go from zero to almost full blast in an instant, or be able to turn the music down real quickly as well. For those of you with the Uconnect 4, how smoothly does the volume change and how long does it take to go up and down in volume using wheel controls?

Also another quick question. Does it look like you can fit sealed subs under the front and back seats in any way? How much space is there under all the seats in the Jl? I would really like to have a small sub under each seat.

Thanks
Google “Alpine Audio Off-road”. I added this to an earlier model JK as the UConnect didn’t come out until 2015 or 2016. They’ll make something similar for the JL.

D68383D1-FE1D-4BDA-9E7A-6BA2869D80B9.png

3C0835A6-CA4C-48ED-A3A1-C2D8A54A3F7E.png

1F021D60-9229-41B2-96E5-779185D94E48.png