Saejin

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
On the bright side once I pay of the Jeep this year I’ll be saving for my true weekend retirement vehicle...certified used of course.
- Porsche Boxster
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have never owned a vehicle in my life other than jeep wranglers. This is my third and I am in love with it. I have no regrets. The price is ridiculous but to me, my Rubi is better than any BMW or Mercedes could ever hope to be.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I'm still in d so only second thought is on color choice. Debating swapping my granite for punkn. But I really like that red dash
The red dash would look so much better on granite than punkn. Especially with the doors off.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
The red dash would look so much better on granite than punkn. Especially with the doors off.
True, and looks like you can't get red dash on punkn. Trade off is the splash of punkn color you get on b pillars inside the cockpit

Whereas granite won't look like much

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
True, and looks like you can't get red dash on punkn. Trade off is the splash of punkn color you get on b pillars inside the cockpit

Whereas granite won't look like much
Hold on, do what? No red dash, just grey? Forget that noise. They could have at least color coded the dash panel or something.

Then of course you still have the red stitching and accents in the cabin which would look really out of place.

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Hold on, do what? No red dash, just grey? Forget that noise. They could have at least color coded the dash panel or something.

Then of course you still have the red stitching and accents in the cabin which would look really out of place.
Yup, punkn rubis are showing up with grey dash

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Most people are unwilling admit to themselves - and especially not to others - when they have buyer’s remorse based on the price they paid, disappointments, or deficiencies/problems/issues with the vehicle. It’s only human nature.
Ummm...have you been reading these forums? They are filled with people bitching about their purchases. Granted they mostly blame FCA rather than their own over-blown expectations but it is a classic form of buyers remorse.

I literally scream every time I read "I paid $50k and I deserve <fill in with your choice of unmet expectation>", combine that with the groan whenever some righteous ahole finds an opportunity to leap into a thread with "that's why I never buy the 1st year of production"; and my family is starting to think I'm developing early dementia.

I'm thrilled with my purchase and actually pretty pleased with the value I got for the price I paid.

And since I sold my Tesla stock to buy it 4 months ago; bonus points to me!!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Looks like, to us old timers, that the NEW JEEP OWNERS are a far cry from the off-road YJ/TJ/JK jeepers--

Sign of the times--very disappointing-

Whatever

JIMBO

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Looks like, to us old timers, that the NEW JEEP OWNERS are a far cry from the off-road YJ/TJ/JK jeepers--

Sign of the times--very disappointing-

Whatever

JIMBO
Lol...what were the internet forums better back in the YJ days? :cwl:

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I'm still in d so only second thought is on color choice. Debating swapping my granite for punkn. But I really like that red dash
Noooooooo... granite was my very very close 2nd choice to Firecracker. But punk’n is probably bottom. They same metallic but it looks like the regular flat orange color. Granite rubi all the way.

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Noooooooo... granite was my very very close 2nd choice to Firecracker. But punk’n is probably bottom. They same metallic but it looks like the regular flat orange color. Granite rubi all the way.
Thanks. I think the red dash is the decider for me

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
No regrets here. Only regret is not ordering my trim level with options the first time. Instead, I cancelled the first order and lost 2.5 weeks, maybe more :(

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ummm...have you been reading these forums? They are filled with people bitching about their purchases. Granted they mostly blame FCA rather than their own over-blown expectations but it is a classic form of buyers remorse.

I literally scream every time I read "I paid $50k and I deserve <fill in with your choice of unmet expectation>", combine that with the groan whenever some righteous ahole finds an opportunity to leap into a thread with "that's why I never buy the 1st year of production"; and my family is starting to think I'm developing early dementia.

I'm thrilled with my purchase and actually pretty pleased with the value I got for the price I paid.

And since I sold my Tesla stock to buy it 4 months ago; bonus points to me!!
What I’m seeing is that a contingent of members take any perceived criticism of the vehicle or its quality as a personal affront. The “It’s a Jeep, expect a lot of things to be of subpar quality because it has unique off-road pedigree and capabilities!” crowd. What you see as “bitching about their purchase” could be seen as people reasonably expecting to get what they paid for. A matter of viewpoint I suppose. But I think that you might be right about overblown expectations though. Depending on what vehicles a buyer is used to, they may need to vastly alter (that is, lower) their expectations regarding initial build quality, communication, and level of service from both FCA and their dealer network.

It should go without saying that more Jeeps are problem free than ones that have issues. It should also go without saying that anything less than bespoke built to order vehicles will have some units that get to end consumers with problems. Some of them serious. I don’t however think that a buyer who has concerns or complaints about those problems in their $55K investment is being a crybaby or disloyal to the Cult of Jeep. Why do people who don’t have any problems with their Jeep feel the need to bash those who do have problems and who speak up about it? This is what I don’t understand. Can you help me understand it?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, the quality of the FORUM is not important--

There are dozens of CJ/YJ/TJ/JK FORUMS--active RIGHT NOW-

It's a DIFFERENT ATTITUDE, just like Corvette/Camaro owners