Sponsored

What other vehicles are you cross shopping? $5-6k increase causing second thoughts on JLU

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
I doubt it, there is always the sport which will appeal to people that don’t want to spend 40-50k, they have made the vehicle more capable, more refined, while moving it upmarket..if anything, the wrangler is poised to become more coveted. Time will tell, but I see what they are trying to do and I’m happy that they are doing it vs countinuing the status quo, they flogged the JK horse for everything they had, it was time to step up the game.
the sport is more in line with my budget. I don't think I would ever spend 50K on a car. In the end it just takes me back and forth to work and fun once in a while. this one is going to be my retirement present. once I pay it off I retire.
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
The Macan was special order and is the Performance Package ie the most powerful Macan you can buy at 440hp. It was suppose to be my car, but the wife now drives to work so just made more sense to let her drive it and I drive the 911. I just don’t want to drive the 911 all the time, so we started looking at Jeep wranglers. The JL we will order will be sting Grey or the Granite, just have not decided just yet. Really wanted to see the Sting Grey first. I will probably be ordering it in the next few weeks.
Granite was my first choice until i flipped to ocean blue.... it looks great w the red dash.... i bet the macan is a dream on the hway...lucky lady! while waiting for my jl i began drooling over this... too bad its a jk or i wouldve been sold!

Screenshot_20180305-143304.png

itaos

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Will JKs have steeper discounts than the 5%+ off invoice that can be found here on a JL? I haven't seen a decent drop-off in pricing yet locally but maybe it still too early.

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
When I first started looking at Jeep Wranglers I thought a mid-spec one would cost me about $25k. Had no idea the medium-spec Sport S would run me closer to $40k. I'm now more focused on a 2019 Ram 4x4 with air suspension and Hemi for same price. It won't rock crawl as well as a Jeep but Florida doesn't have rocks and it'll do everything else better.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
what are your thoughts on that? i see them everywhere on the streets in AZ
I'm having a hard time picturing taking a $50K Jeep on a trail, breaking something and not being able to get to work on Monday. Or....buy a Raptor, have a ton of fun, break something and put it back on the trailer home and drive an A4 to work on Monday. Hmmmm

Sponsored

Yo Sam

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude
Out of curiosity, has anyone come across any insane JK “clearance” prices yet?
Been seeing $6-8k discounts on remaining 2017 and 2018 2 door JKR Recon model. Not insane however it makes ya think! LOL!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Been seeing $6-8k discounts on remaining 2017 and 2018 2 door JKR Recon model. Not insane however it makes ya think! LOL!
If I saw a $5k discount on a manual JK Sport I'd forget about the JL lol. That $9k savings could buy a lot of mods and international vacations.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
Man, I had to do a double take when I saw that I could get a brand new c7 corvette for less than the Rubicon that I priced out.

I've thought about Toyota Tacomas, F150s FX4s, a Ram 1500s 4x4, a Power Wagon, and other the other extreme, hellcats and the previously mentioned Vette... All would be awesome to own, all of the are great vehicles.

At the end of the day though, I know myself. If I bought one of the others, every time I'd see a JL Wrangler Unlimited on 35s, I'd think, "Man I should have gotten one of those... :("

I'm not going to make that mistake. :rock:

Um..., you know, um, again. :cwl:

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Man, I had to do a double take when I saw that I could get a brand new c7 corvette for less than the Rubicon that I priced out.

I've thought about Toyota Tacomas, F150s FX4s, a Ram 1500s 4x4, a Power Wagon, and other the other extreme, hellcats and the previously mentioned Vette... All would be awesome to own, all of the are great vehicles.

At the end of the day though, I know myself. If I bought one of the others, every time I'd see a JL Wrangler Unlimited on 35s, I'd think, "Man I should have gotten one of those... :("

I'm not going to make that mistake. :rock:

Um..., you know, um, again. :cwl:
Totally agree. I sat in a Q5, Macan, Corvette, even a used Panamera and wow....nice cars. But I think I'd be disappointed at every Jeep I saw while I sit in my plush ride. Jeep all the way :)

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Totally agree. I sat in a Q5, Macan, Corvette, even a used Panamera and wow....nice cars. But I think I'd be disappointed at every Jeep I saw while I sit in my plush ride. Jeep all the way :)
I agree

Sponsored

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After riding in a 4Runner it kinda dissuaded me from the Jeep as well. You realize how single purpose they are and how kinda pointless they are. As a 3rd toy for rock crawling, sure. But, they're really not very good cars/trucks hah :)

whiskeytower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Platinum 4x4
i have only been cross shopping F150's, but it seems like the vehicle prices are just crazy expensive. Ford is having decent discounts but holy mackerel its just so much money!!! i agree the car companies nickle and dime us to death. LED are an upgrade, safety group ect. , push button start. come on man.....

2018 F-150
2018 JL

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea trucks are super expensive for what they are. Paying for style. It is what it is.

I think Ram’s are a better value but not sure about overall quality and reliability etc. can get a loaded up Laramie for $45k but a Silverado or f150 with similar options is $55k.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hello guys. First post here.

I was wondering what vehicle or vehicles you were cross shopping against the JL. I was 90% set on buying a JL later this year but now with all the details set, I'm definitely having second thoughts after running the numbers.
Just looked at a beautiful Volvo V90R wagon in red. No chance in going off road with it, but man do you get a lot more on-road capability. And hey, station wagons are so choice. I know, totally different car, and I'm making no real comparison here. But for less money, it's a nice option. Jeep is almost daring us to cross shop just about anything with these prices. Risky business model.

Last edited:

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah man, Ram pricing was released. They're marked up 20% just like the Jeeps. FCA is no longer the bargain brand.
Sponsored