swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have no regrets at all. I've never had a Jeep. I got it at 10 miles and yesterday hit 60, but it rained a dog here and I found a trail and went and made some splashes and jumped some curbs and I had a grin on my face the whole time. I'm sold. When the hell in my life have I ever WANTED to go drive in the rain?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Saejin

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I’m happy to have my Rubicon and will probably drive it for the next 10+ years. But man the initial entry price into mine was hard to swallow after the fact. It didn’t really set it until recently. I’ll have it paid off in a year though.

No buyers remorse here...but maybe timing was a bit off. Plan was to wait a year or two but ended up getting a good deal and things worked out better now.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I always marvel at the resale value of the old 08 JK. Then I realize I'll never benefit from it because I won't sell it!
WSsn1qn.jpg
Off-topic but what color is that? My neighbor has it and i always wondered.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I tend to over think things, I second think all my purchases, I always think what if I didn't buy it or what if I bought the other item, just thoughts like that.

My JLUR was close to $50k and I stop and think wow thats a crap load of money for me, but it was well worth it, I am so content with it stock, the lighting is fantastic, the suspension and 33s give it good ground clearance and I dont have to sacrifice ride quality and gas mileage much, the interior is nice, stereo is great it's my first jeep and I'm in love with it. I love the utility of it and all the things it can do. But vehicles these days are expensive, tahoe's can go for $60k and escalades $100+k

The Wranglers resale value helped me feel better about dropping $50k, I've seen used JK's for sale that weren't that far from MSRP new, with mods or without mods, lots of mileage or barley any mileage they still sell for a pretty penny. I wouldn't have spent nearly as much for any other car.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I’m happy to have my Rubicon and will probably drive it for the next 10+ years. But man the initial entry price into mine was hard to swallow after the fact. It didn’t really set it until recently. I’ll have it paid off in a year though.

No buyers remorse here...but maybe timing was a bit off. Plan was to wait a year or two but ended up getting a good deal and things worked out better now.
I'm sorta in the same boat. I have a 2013 JKUR right now so the "Jeep itch" is being scratched as we speak. I'm stalking the JLs because I really like the improvements they've made, but I'm still wrestling with the idea if it's actually worth the huge upcharge or not. (I paid $37K for mine, the JL I'd spec out would be close to $50K). Between the depreciation of my JK and the upcharge for the JL, I'm essentially paying about $20K or so a nicer hood, easier to fold windshield (that I probably only do once), a backup camera, bigger tires, nicer interior, easier to fold top, and easier to remove doors.

My JK will be paid off soon and I want to see another year of 1st year bugs worked out and more aftermarket support and hopefully some additional color options. If I still have JL fever by then I'll probably pull the trigger. Otherwise for the additional $20K I can have a mint condition JKUR and another used car or a small boat, camper, bigger vacation budget, etc.

Sponsored

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
This jeep I bought was a pre-50th birthday gift to me. Cant take the money with me! No regrets! Flipping love it and have a riot driving it around !

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Off-topic but what color is that? My neighbor has it and i always wondered.
Steel Blue Metallic. I searched the entire country to find a JK with the combo of Rubicon, 6 speed, side airbags, and Steel Blue. I didn't want to order because it was taking way too long for manual transmissions.. This one was ordered by a guy in Chicago in February of 07, and it didn't arrive until September. By the time it was built, it was an 08 model. When it did, he had already moved on. I jumped on it!

The paint, except for a couple scratches and dings on the doors, looks factory new with no swirls or anything. There aren't even any stone chips on the hood or windshield frame, which baffles me. Turtle Wax Ice and hand or touchless car washes have left the paint in perfect condition. It drives and runs like brand new, and has a lifetime warranty, so I'll likely never get rid of it. 123,000 miles and counting.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
That's not for ALL Fords...just the Raptor and the Shelby Mustang...but again, it all has to do with supply and demand. They are limited to how many they will build of each. Evidently, they are so popular, even with the price adjustment, people were still willing to pay the price.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
No regrets at all. I enjoyed my JK but I love this JL.

I think people may have regrets paying for options they did not need or not getting options they wanted.

I traded in my 2015 with 10K equity in it. I put that 10K equity into the new JL purchase and went with all options that were important to me. I was able to finance the same amount I did back in 2015 keeping my payments the same. For me this was a HUGE upgrade and my payments have not changed. I have nothing to regret with the way I went about purchasing this JL.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
That's not for ALL Fords...just the Raptor and the Shelby Mustang...but again, it all has to do with supply and demand. They are limited to how many they will build of each. Evidently, they are so popular, even with the price adjustment, people were still willing to pay the price.
Yeah, the dealer mark-up thing is ridiculous...at some of those premiums you’d need to sequester the vehicle in a garage for 20yrs to break even

Sponsored

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
New vehicles must be kept, or passed down, to justify the premium over a slightly used vehicle’s depreciated price. For me that means it must be REALLY cool or REALLY utilitarian.

I bought an ‘01 Mustang Cobra Convertible new...so much fun...sold it in 2 years...zero utility value...nice $ loss...but learned that I’m a convertible guy.

I ordered my ‘03 4runner new, new model year, fully loaded Ltd, still have it, still love it...I let my mother drive it now. I could not sell it for anywhere near what its real value to me/family is.

The JL is my first Jeep and hoping I get the best of both worlds...It certainly checks the fun convertible box, so taking a bet on FCA quality going the distance, cuz upkeep $/time can be a real value killer

Last edited:

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Long time convertible lover here. The 2012 Rubi didn't work as well as we had hoped because of the effort to remove the tops and the fact that it rains all the time in Ohio. We have high hopes that the JL PST will really work as advertised and now are in a position to leave it in the garage when the weather is crappy, so can't wait!

Tridgerat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got my JLUR for ~$43k so I'm winning as far as I'm concerned. It's a beast off-road and definitely one of the most, if not the most, capable vehicles in that price range. I don't plan on selling it but if I did I know I wouldn't hurt too bad at all on return.

OP
OP
Saejin

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Well, what prompted me to start this thread is a broke down and sold my 2015 Audi A4 yesterday to pay down the Rubicon. It was paid off and I had planned to keep it as a commuter vehicle plus it was a blast to drive, but the wife had other plans. It was a car I couldn’t pass down to the kids as the insurance for them was astronomical and I was approaching the end of warranty so maintenance would soon be an issue.

I guess in the end it was the better decision, but I wanted to keep both. However now I’ll have the Rubicon paid off by October.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
I'm still in d so only second thought is on color choice. Debating swapping my granite for punkn. But I really like that red dash
Sponsored