Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I guess the Nigerian Prince may send his forces to come get me soon as I havent claimed my money yet. He once told me I have inherited USD 10 Million and I need to send him evidence that I am the rightful heir by sending him two thousand dollars immediately to a bank account in Russia.
I knew I had a long lost brother! The Nigerian Prince told me I was his heir as well! Brother! Wait! My mom was a slut?! Damn!
Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
My pic? Yes, great trail but it’s snowed over right now.
Correct, just confirming. I know all is covered besides some Penrose/switz/rainbow/hackett spots. I'm in Denver 🤘

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
This is extremely popular and they try it on forums, Craigslist, online listings, anything you can think of. They'll send you a check for $2,500 immediately for your $1,000 item then you just right them a check for the difference. Your check clears. Theirs doesn't. The worst part is these scumbags often go after the vulnerable population like your elderly parents/grandparents.
Ya they came after me and my speakers I was selling. Lol

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
@Kev666 Just to let you know brother, I’ve contacted your local PD in Easton, MD., and the FBI Anti-Fraud Commission. Be expecting a VERY unfortunate knock on your door!!!
His profile says he in the UK, not MD.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Another thing that I've done is you can have them write a code on paper and put it next to the product and send you a picture. It's actually how they verify a listing on a cell phone site called Swappa. It doesn't completely stop a scumbag from not sending the product but it helps to show the product is in fact real.
Love swappa!!! The best site around

ZeroOx

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Admins should probably make a minimum of 100 forum replies to authenticate real users versus scammers...from accessing the market place.
People should be able to determine the legitimacy of a seller and if they are worried only do fact to fact transactions.

I bought tires and wheels from a great guy on here and think my post to him was my very first post.

I don't have much to say but visit the site a few times a week. Might take me years to hit 100 posts.

Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
@Leftwork Venmo does have a purchase protection option they added in 2020 for situations like this, I believe you might have to select it when sending the payment to say you are paying for goods/services and if you get ripped off they are supposed to help you, might be worth checking into, not sure if you had checked that option or not when you paid

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
People actually fall for the "Nigerian" scams????

Sam
They're not all Nigerian.

Bill Gates emailed me a few months ago saying he was awarding me $5,000,000 becasue I had been selected by his foundation to receive the money. And Bill Gates in not Nigerian.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
This guy's Grandma got ripped off like $3k so he made a YouTube channel making these scumbags lives a living hell. These vids tend to be a bit long but often hilarious: Kitboga - YouTube
Well hell, just went down the rabbit hole, thanks. Laughed my way throug han hour or two of his videos.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I got a call once from someone who knew my wife’s name and our address, living in Hawaii at the time. Said he was from “the lottery” and that we had won $10,000,000 and we could collect it if we brought a $500.00 visa gift card to the Honolulu airport to pay “for taxes.” I took the phone from my wife and went off on him... I think I said “how fucking stupid do you think I am? Who are you and how do you know my address? I’m going to report your ass to the police, you fuck.” And then he got mad AT ME! He was all indignant that we would question him and was like “fuck you asshole!” Fuck me? Fuck you, dude!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.