Not open for further replies.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
A lot of forums make people write their username and date on a piece of paper next to the item they are picturing in order to post an item for sale. This verifies they have it and it's not an old picture. Won't stop all scammers but hinders anyone trying to selling something they don't have by stealing someone else's pictures.
Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Never buy from a person with no history. I have been burned by selling parts to people off ebay and they said it never arrived.
no more, I dont buy or sell with any virtual money. Cash only.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
legit, every week, someone on here gets burned from scammers...

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
@Kev666 Just to let you know brother, I’ve contacted your local PD in Easton, MD., and the FBI Anti-Fraud Commission. Be expecting a VERY unfortunate knock on your door!!!
If the dude scammed you, how are you so sure he lives in Easton MD? Just curious but would seem unlikely a scammer is going to easily give up his real location...

I bought some Ford F-150 towing mirrors off a forum from a dude I'd never met in Alaska. $900 with shipping, that was a leap of faith. But it was via PayPal and the dude had a long history on the F-150 forum so I took a chance. I actually got them, well packed, and they work great. But in hindsight I really questioned my sanity at the time for doing that :)

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I've just the 24" breaker bar for the gent.

Sponsored

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
@Kev666 Just to let you know brother, I’ve contacted your local PD in Easton, MD., and the FBI Anti-Fraud Commission. Be expecting a VERY unfortunate knock on your door!!!
You don’t think he is foreign and giving a fake address?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
OP looking at his profile, he seems to be based out of the UK. It might be worthwhile to send a copy of your FBI complaint to the NCA in the UK (https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/)

Pretty sure a big dude name Bubba will love to put some lipstick on him and use Kev for a night in a British Prison.
It’s funny about these overseas scams I got caught up in a Nigerian one a few years back. I don’t loose anything luckily. I got multiple checks for pay that were hugely larger than what was expected. Was told to cash it and take my money and wire back difference cause his “secretary” messed up. My dad got a hold of a buddy was was an FBI agent. They knew the exact person cause of the check but said because it’s over seas it’s just too much time and money to even do anything about it and this dude. It’s kinda sad.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It’s funny about these overseas scams I got caught up in a Nigerian one a few years back. I don’t loose anything luckily. I got multiple checks for pay that were hugely larger than what was expected. Was told to cash it and take my money and wire back difference cause his “secretary” messed up. My dad got a hold of a buddy was was an FBI agent. They knew the exact person cause of the check but said because it’s over seas it’s just too much time and money to even do anything about it and this dude. It’s kinda sad.
They pull the exact same scam in the USA too. except they will use several different phone numbers and drop boxes. Mostly African suspects still pulling the scam.

OP
OP
Leftwork

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If the dude scammed you, how are you so sure he lives in Easton MD? Just curious but would seem unlikely a scammer is going to easily give up his real location...

I bought some Ford F-150 towing mirrors off a forum from a dude I'd never met in Alaska. $900 with shipping, that was a leap of faith. But it was via PayPal and the dude had a long history on the F-150 forum so I took a chance. I actually got them, well packed, and they work great. But in hindsight I really questioned my sanity at the time for doing that :)
We were texting and emailing as part of the transaction. I looked up his phone number and email. I got Easton from that. I suppose it could be a burner phone or bounced off a VPN or something. Idk?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
This is extremely popular and they try it on forums, Craigslist, online listings, anything you can think of. They'll send you a check for $2,500 immediately for your $1,000 item then you just right them a check for the difference. Your check clears. Theirs doesn't. The worst part is these scumbags often go after the vulnerable population like your elderly parents/grandparents.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
We were texting and emailing as part of the transaction. I looked up his phone number and email. I got Easton from that. I suppose it could be a burner phone or bounced off a VPN or something. Idk?
Free number to anyone: Voice (google.com)

You can even spoof it to say whatever you want on the caller ID. So they'll often spoof your area code to make it look like they are a local caller.

OP
OP
Leftwork

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Free number to anyone: Voice (google.com)

You can even spoof it to say whatever you want on the caller ID. So they'll often spoof your area code to make it look like they are a local caller.
Ya know, if these scammers would use that time and energy in learning a job, they’d probably do very well for themselves and not have to worry about jail! Frickin morons!

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Ya know, if these scammers would use that time and energy in learning a job, they’d probably do very well for themselves and not have to worry about jail! Frickin morons!
This guy's Grandma got ripped off like $3k so he made a YouTube channel making these scumbags lives a living hell. These vids tend to be a bit long but often hilarious: Kitboga - YouTube

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
People actually fall for the "Nigerian" scams????

Sam

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
People actually fall for the "Nigerian" scams????

Sam
I guess the Nigerian Prince may send his forces to come get me soon as I havent claimed my money yet. He once told me I have inherited USD 10 Million and I need to send him evidence that I am the rightful heir by sending him two thousand dollars immediately to a bank account in Russia.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.