Not open for further replies.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The broken English may have been a red flag as well. My guess is he doesn’t even live in this country, let alone MD.
Agreed. I've refused to deal with similar folks who come across as skeevy, and have recommended this M.O. on other forums. There were the usual bleats of "That's rayciss!", which of course means nothing anymore. In the final analysis, we're the only ones responsible for watching our six.

But for those couple of sellers who packed their items poorly for the rigors of shipping, I've had a pretty good experience buying from (and occasionally selling to) fellow enthusiasts.

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
+1 on Paypal as they will support you in getting your money back in the event the recipient is a sheister!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It says Kev666 is from the UK.
I've been burned by sellers in the past, and only pay with PayPal, unless it is a known person I've had several transaction with, prior.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Life and death has an ugly way of catching up to criminals: sometimes it’s swift, sometimes it’s not. If they only grasped the extent of harm that life now has coming their way, they’d rethink choices, make better decisions and most likely never come anywhere near this behavior.

@Leftwork The right thing for that individual to do would be to give you back your money and get off the ugly karma train.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Sounds like Kev666 is a crook, plain and simple.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I’ve done tens of thousands of dollars worth of deals on various forums. Use PayPal goods and services unless you know the other party.

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
@Kev666 Just to let you know brother, I’ve contacted your local PD in Easton, MD., and the FBI Anti-Fraud Commission. Be expecting a VERY unfortunate knock on your door!!!
OP looking at his profile, he seems to be based out of the UK. It might be worthwhile to send a copy of your FBI complaint to the NCA in the UK (https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/)

Pretty sure a big dude name Bubba will love to put some lipstick on him and use Kev for a night in a British Prison.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
He's gone. I recommend being very skeptical of new users. Before I do a transaction I'll typically read some of the user's post/threads. As others have mentioned you can use PayPal for a bit of protection and negotiate the 3% fee into the sale price.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing that I've done is you can have them write a code on paper and put it next to the product and send you a picture. It's actually how they verify a listing on a cell phone site called Swappa. It doesn't completely stop a scumbag from not sending the product but it helps to show the product is in fact real.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.