Screen stuck on backup camera

CurryLB

First Name
Curry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Put the Jeep in reverse and back up camera comes on. Then when putting it in drive the screen stays on the backup camera and it never goes off. None of the buttons work to change the screen to anything else. It fixes itself after turning the Jeep off for a while. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and has an immediate fix?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Don't have a specific answer, but try popping the hood then open the fuse box. Check to make sure all fuses and relays are seated properly. Weird electrical issues are usually fixed with this simple check. The JL/U is known to leave the factory with loose relays and fuses.

OP
OP
CurryLB

CurryLB

First Name
Curry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Don't have a specific answer, but try popping the hood then open the fuse box. Check to make sure all fuses and relays are seated properly. Weird electrical issues are usually fixed with this simple check. The JL/U is known to leave the factory with loose relays and fuses.
Alright, Definitely worth a shot. Thanks!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Put the Jeep in reverse and back up camera comes on. Then when putting it in drive the screen stays on the backup camera and it never goes off. None of the buttons work to change the screen to anything else. It fixes itself after turning the Jeep off for a while. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and has an immediate fix?
Hi @CurryLB,
We are sorry to hear that this is happening! Have you brought this to the attention of your dealer? If you would like our additional support while your vehicle is in service, feel free to send us a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
CurryLB

CurryLB

First Name
Curry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Hi @CurryLB,
We are sorry to hear that this is happening! Have you brought this to the attention of your dealer? If you would like our additional support while your vehicle is in service, feel free to send us a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I have not taken it to the dealership. It would be hard to replicate for them as it only happens intermittently. I have gotten some pretty good feedback I am going to try.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have not taken it to the dealership. It would be hard to replicate for them as it only happens intermittently. I have gotten some pretty good feedback I am going to try.
@CurryLB,
We certainly understand your hesitation. Once you do have a dealer appointment, please let us know via private message. We would be happy to offer our additional assistance to your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
@CurryLB did you ever solve this? I have the same issue. It started right after installing a lift kit.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I got the blue screen of death when I put the back up camera on this week. I took it to the dealership and they found a software update for the whole radio/camera system and loaded it. That fixed it for me. Might for you too?

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

Have the same issue. To the dealership multiple times. There as we speak/type. They've done all of the software updates aren't seeing any error codes.

Someone on a FB forum provided a bulletin that after installing a lift kit you need to reset the system by disconnecting battery (inc aux) and then reconnecting. You then have to drive for 20-40 seconds with constant, light throttle for it to 'relearn'.....

Sounds like a voodoo shot in the dark, but will try anything.

I have the V6 w 6MT with lift and 37's if that helps.

Drewbacca

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S 4xe
I realize this is an old thread, but I had this happen yesterday on my 2024. If I switched it into reverse again, the camera would work again but froze as soon as I shifted out of R. I tried turning it off and on a couple times. However, I got it to go away by soft resetting the radio. You hold the two outer knobs down for a bit and it will eventually go back and then restart.
Sponsored