Sponsored

Screen protector for infotainment?...yay or nay?

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Jeepsmashin you have to be super careful, but I was able to use the suction cup and lift and reset my screen protector. Use the suction cup in the corner and CAREFULLY catch the edge with a knife or other thin plastic edge. Don’t try to pry the screen protector, rather you want to just start it lifting up and slowly pull with the suction cup and it can pull off to be reset. Let the suction do the work and not what you use to pry with.

I’ve done a couple of these by now and I have several suction cups. Having a second suction cup makes things much easier to get straight.
Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jeepsmashin you have to be super careful, but I was able to use the suction cup and lift and reset my screen protector. Use the suction cup in the corner and CAREFULLY catch the edge with a knife or other thin plastic edge. Don’t try to pry the screen protector, rather you want to just start it lifting up and slowly pull with the suction cup and it can pull off to be reset. Let the suction do the work and not what you use to pry with.

I’ve done a couple of these by now and I have several suction cups. Having a second suction cup makes things much easier to get straight.
Oh okay I didn't know you could reapply it once it's been laid over the screen. Thanks for your reply. I think I'll just be safe and leave it lol I don't want to chance it.

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You can reset it. But there is a high risk of cracking the screen protector. No need to risk it If you can accept the placement.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Screen protector from Amazon was my first (and pretty much only so far) mod on my 4xe. I had a 2017 JKURHR for two and half years and just left the factory film on the screen. It was still on it when I traded it in. If they hadn't pulled the film off the screen at dealer prep with this one I probably would have just done the same.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I got tempered glass protectors when I got my Jeep and still haven't installed them, I really need to do that. lol

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I have a glass one I got on Amazon. Good shine, can be replaced when it accumulates scratches. The screen in my last vehicle got scratches when cleaning it.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I have an alpine head unit in my JK that’s started to delaminate over the frequently used icons. Whenever my JL shows up I’ll definitely be putting a screen protector on it.
lol I had a screen protector on my 8.4 since I purchased it in 2018 and it still delaminated. Now I'm fighting to get them to replace it since it becomes completely unresponsive at times.

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
i have on on mine. tempered glass. you cant tell its on there and fingerprints wipe off of it much easier than the bare screen. cheap insurance policy against a scratched screen

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I see they makes these with both glossy and matte finishes. Do the glossy ones reflect too much glare? Does anyone have any experience with those with the matte finish?

Thellawa

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 sport altitude
I installed an anti glare screen protector on my cluster and the 8.4 by screenprotech- no complaints

Sponsored

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR Diesel, '08 BMW M135i
No experience with the matte one, but I actually like the glossy-ish one. You get some reflection, but otherwise it makes the colors pop well and it covers the whole screen and makes it generally easier to use/clean...at least IMO

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Uhhhhh, No protector.

I like to live on the edge, that's why HellaYella and Hydro Blue, because, besides Chief, is there any other colors. 😁😁😁

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed a Spigen tempered glass protector with matte finish I got through Amazon. It went on easy without any air bubbles and fit well over the entire screen. I didn’t notice any difference in the brightness or clarity of the screen.
Sponsored