Scratch, will this buff out? Need tips.

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Hello! I am not sure if anyone will see this, but I found a scratch behind the passenger door handle of my brand new JL and was wondering if a meguiars compound would solve it. For those who have dealt with something similar please let me know. I would really appreciate any advice I can get.

C88A8937-8FFD-42F0-A497-DAD41525A844.jpeg
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that should take care of that little scratch… usually the scratches in that area are caused from rings. once the scratch is removed you could place a small piece of clear paint protection film from 3M, Xpel, or the likes to prevent this from happening in the future.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I'll drink to that.... I have scuffs on the roll bar from using the Top Lift Pro since I'm kinda clumsy. I use the pen to touch them up here & there. I chalk it up to being the Jeep thang that comes with ownership.
Lol yeah me too. my rollbars have scratches all over from taking the top off. Scratches are not deep at all, and you can't tell from far. Also, when the top is on there's no scratch. So whatever.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This is how my scratch look like in my Rubi. Any suggestion?

Jeep Wrangler JL Scratch, will this buff out? Need tips. C88A8937-8FFD-42F0-A497-DAD41525A844
That's down to the primer. In that metallic paint, any repair will be detectable unless the entire panel is painted. However, it can be locally repaired if you're willing to accept that you will still see it if you look for it.

There's a lot of ways to approach this including everything in between cleaning out the gouge and filling with the paint no larger than the damage, to sanding out the gouge and repainting the panel.

If you go the minimalist route, clean it out, fill with a small amount of filler, such as bondo or paint putty. Sand with 1000 grit, apply paint by blotting a touch up brush. Sand flush, buff,

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
No point in doing more than touch up paint. Its just going to happen again. My jeeps got the same marks.
Sponsored