Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I sold my soft top in August and put the hardtop back on. Then installed a Bestop Sunrider. I drive just about everyday with the sunrider open. I found that in Michigan I was using the soft top about 2 months out of the year as I put the hard top back on to Jeep travel. so I though the sunrider was the best option. So far it has been.

My favorite Jeep set up is top and doors off. This year there was just so many days of Jeep travel, that it only happened a few times.
Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Heck, we have never taken ours off. Just the Freedom panels a few times.

Here in the St. Louis area, you'd be taking off and putting on the hardtop several times a week if you listened to the weather forecast and your Jeep was your DD. My wife says she'd rather just leave it on. It's her DD.

pipincan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0L North Edition *Bikini Pearl*
No sad days up here with the power top and spiderwebshade combo.

Always open during the year where possible, even in the winter months whilst wearing a winter coat, a touque, and with the heating cranked up to the max.

Fun times.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Heck, we have never taken ours off. Just the Freedom panels a few times.

Here in the St. Louis area, you'd be taking off and putting on the hardtop several times a week if you listened to the weather forecast and your Jeep was your DD. My wife says she'd rather just leave it on. It's her DD.
Same situation for us. We are outside of Wichita.

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
I tend to take my top off in late April, and usually get snowed on once.

I put the top back on in late Sept/early Oct ... usually after the first snow.

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
No sad days up here with the power top and spiderwebshade combo.

Always open during the year where possible, even in the winter months whilst wearing a winter coat, a touque, and with the heating cranked up to the max.

Fun times.
How is the power top in the winter? does it do a decent job of keeping you insulated or do we need to crank the heat up all the way while going up and down on the 410 or the 401?

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
OP:

be a rebel...... keep that soft top on until after the first full week of below freezing temps......
I agree I would be rocking top off until winter hits, I wish I had a both tops. The summer weather here in CO is so unpredictable! The last few weeks have been great though, I've been running my Bikini top/cargo cover for the last 3 weeks. Hard top has only been on for our brief 2 day snow storm a couple weeks ago. honestly, don't think I would ever use the hard top if I had a soft top.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am with you, down here in Tucson we are still in the upper 90's, but my Tuesday we will be in the low 90's so it is time to winterize the Jeep. I am clearing out my side of the garage this weekend so that I can lift the hard top and I am going install a JTopsUSA mesh top and not install the soft top. I am also going to remove the doors.
I probably have a couple more weeks, then the top will stay open all the time. Doors off happens only on occasion. It's just too dusty on the trails to run with them off all the time. I get tired of cleaning out the inside!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ditto, I was thinking about posting a similar thread. I have been planning on putting up the top, and doors back on all week.. Then I heard its going to be 80 today here in NY so I'm still holding out. Naked since April and lovin it. "Hell No I Wont GO".

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I agree I would be rocking top off until winter hits, I wish I had a both tops. The summer weather here in CO is so unpredictable! The last few weeks have been great though, I've been running my Bikini top/cargo cover for the last 3 weeks. Hard top has only been on for our brief 2 day snow storm a couple weeks ago. honestly, don't think I would ever use the hard top if I had a soft top.
I have a hardtop. I never took the ”freedom” panels off because it’s a bit of a PITA for me (live in a highrise). Just purchased a Bestop Sunrider and, frankly, I don’t know why I drove this jeep for 10 months without buying the Sunrider.

Sponsored

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Im going to ride out the soft top for as long as possible. Didnt get much snow last winter hopefully same this year around.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Im going to ride out the soft top for as long as possible. Didnt get much snow last winter hopefully same this year around.
You in the Bronx. I would have put the Hard Top on given that location since NYC is seeing a crime wave due to the incompetence of DickBlasio.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I probably have a couple more weeks, then the top will stay open all the time. Doors off happens only on occasion. It's just too dusty on the trails to run with them off all the time. I get tired of cleaning out the inside!
Dude if I lived in AZ I would strap a hydration pack to the back of my seat and rock my jeep naked every day in the 110 degree heat with big bug catching smile.

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I will probably wait till November 1st before I take the soft top off and put the hard top on. I’ll probably put my vette to sleep for winter at that time also.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I usually wait until late Oct/early Nov. Leaves aren't even falling yet.
Sponsored