Rugged Ridge Elite Tail Light Guards

L.G.Clarke

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2 door Sport S & 2005 Honda P250 "Big Ruckus"
Has anyone installed the Elite Tail Light Guards by Rugged Ridge Part #:11226.13 (Only works with JL Jeeps equipped with conventional OE Tail Lights without LED Bulbs). I’m having one hell of a time trying to get the main bracket to seat properly. And NO I don’t have any wires pinched.

What am I doing wrong….HELP!
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed the Elite Tail Light Guards by Rugged Ridge Part #:11226.13 (Only works with JL Jeeps equipped with conventional OE Tail Lights without LED Bulbs). I’m having one hell of a time trying to get the main bracket to seat properly. And NO I don’t have any wires pinched.

Here's a start > > > RR tail light guards

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Rugged Ridge guards for the LED tail lights: like everything else on these JLs, it requires a PhD in quantum mechanics to install!

Okay, I exaggerate, but they are still ridiculously laborious to mount, unlike those on JK that took only four screws.

I can’t really tell what you may be doing wrong. But sounds like you may be trying to mount something backwards.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

OP
OP

L.G.Clarke

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2 door Sport S & 2005 Honda P250 "Big Ruckus"
I got the Rugged Ridge guards for the LED tail lights: like everything else on these JLs, it requires a PhD in quantum mechanics to install!

Okay, I exaggerate, but they are still ridiculously laborious to mount, unlike those on JK that took only four screws.

I can’t really tell what you may be doing wrong. But sounds like you may be trying to mount something backwards.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.
Thanks Aldo…..
Not doing anything backwards (they are labelled L & R) so it is impossible to do anything wrong in that regard. I replaced the right side first to make sure there wasn’t going to be any interference with the tailgate.

It was a bitch putting that one together but after 2 hours of fu~^*ing around I was able to get the bracket to seat properly so there was no rocking left to right or top to bottom. I even went so far as to remove the bulbs so I could feed the wires out of the bracket. So now there are absolutely no wires in the way to get pinched. Thought for sure this would show me that the parts would/could nest together properly……No F’n way….still won’t nest! I checked to see if there was any flashing that didn’t get removed after casting….everything looks fine. I am at my wits end…..

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Thanks Aldo…..
Not doing anything backwards (they are labelled L & R) so it is impossible to do anything wrong in that regard. I replaced the right side first to make sure there wasn’t going to be any interference with the tailgate.

It was a bitch putting that one together but after 2 hours of fu~^*ing around I was able to get the bracket to seat properly so there was no rocking left to right or top to bottom. I even went so far as to remove the bulbs so I could feed the wires out of the bracket. So now there are absolutely no wires in the way to get pinched. Thought for sure this would show me that the parts would/could nest together properly……No F’n way….still won’t nest! I checked to see if there was any flashing that didn’t get removed after casting….everything looks fine. I am at my wits end…..
We’re you able to get these installed? Are they satin or textured black -description on extreme terrain say satin in description but textured as option.

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts

I installed mine 2 years ago so I can remember anything other than my IG post stating it was an easy install. Think it took 20 min or so.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I was interested in these tail light guards. Several reviews mention that they're kind of heavy and slightly thick so you can no longer push the lights into the supporting holding clips. Thus they said they're just held by the nylon screw and there's some side to side play that wasn't there before. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If that is what happens, is it a good idea long term? (like does it seem like it will hold anyway). Will they bounce around and hurt the lights when not on pavement?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
i just installed mine last night following the install directions to a T only to find out this morning that my blind spot was no longer working and that it had shorted out my center console (radio, rear camera, heater/ac etc). Not happy at all.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just removed the RR Elite Tail Light Guards and looks like the wires got pinched and shorted out my uConnect system. I reinstalled the tail lights without the guards and luckily it’s all working fine now.

I went ahead and added electrical tape to the wires for extra protection just in case i decide to give the tail light guards another go. I may need to grind off the portion over the blind spot sensor since they seem to interfere giving me the error message..
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Elite Tail Light Guards 1639268197720
Sponsored