Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Has anyone seen anything yet for these?
Nobody has reported seeing them for the JL/JLU. Also, if you have the safety package, the guards may be a no go. Time will tell.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Based on the way the new lights attach I assume any aftermarket protection would be a full rear light housing replacement instead of just a bolt on cage like it was for the JK.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Nobody has reported seeing them for the JL/JLU. Also, if you have the safety package, the guards may be a no go. Time will tell.
Why would the tail light guards not work with the safety package? Are there sensors on them?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Why would the tail light guards not work with the safety package? Are there sensors on them?
@jeremyjeep

The comment that I made, was made a couple of weeks ago...

I did mention than that time would tell and the guards may be a no go.

Well, recently.. since my comment, I learned new info that makes we think just maybe, the guards may be a go.

I heard that even though the sensors are located within the lights, they aren’t a hard part of the lights. They sit on a bracket under the side of the light.

So, maybe because of this, the guards may be a go. As I said in that last post time will tell.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@jeremyjeep

The comment that I made, was made a couple of weeks ago...

I did mention than that time would tell and the guards may be a no go.

Well, recently.. since my comment, I learned new info that makes we think just maybe, the guards may be a go.

I heard that even though the sensors are located within the lights, they aren’t a hard part of the lights. They sit on a bracket under the side of the light.

So, maybe because of this, the guards may be a go. As I said in that last post time will tell.

Makes sense both ways. I could see why a cage could block a sensor. I think the side mirrors are too small, and would like to replace them, however the blind spot signal / icon is in the mirror so a bigger mirror would most likely need to be Mopar in order for it to still have the blind spot signal / icon.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Looking for guards similar to a JK as well & not finding anything:-(

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
No drilling required, and they are new to us so I dont have cost or ETA or arrival just yet.

Thank You
Excellent. Will it work with JLs equipped the the blind spot monitor feature? BSM has a sensor that is mounted on the outer edges of the tail lights on both sides.

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, 2018 JLUR (Black), 2018 JLUR (Red)
Excellent. Will it work with JLs equipped the the blind spot monitor feature? BSM has a sensor that is mounted on the outer edges of the tail lights on both sides.
We have not tested it with this feature just yet, so slight changes made need to be made, but prior to bringing to market, we will make sure to address these!

Thank You

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We have not tested it with this feature just yet, so slight changes made need to be made, but prior to bringing to market, we will make sure to address these!

Thank You
The BSM sensor actually adds a few inches to the one side of each of the tail lights. Looking at the pictures, it looks like it physically wouldn't fit so it would be more than just testing functionality. You might want to make just one SKU so it fits both with and without the BSM. Otherwise, it will create confusion, people ordering the wrong one, and more product return hassles for you guys.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Any chance for a tubular style (round bars)?
Sponsored