• Total voters

uglyyeti

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR, '18 JK Sport, '17 Tundra, '17 X5d
I probably would have gotten the Moab for the Selec-trac but went with a Rubicon because I liked the 2.0T (not available on Moab.)
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I know, the fisher price radio was dated in the mid 90s and GM was cheap. Other than that lots of cars from that era were full of plastic on the dash. Gotta figure its almost 20 years old now. But still turns a lot of heads.

JeffsCarpics052.jpg
I should have bought one of those when I was younger. But since I was deployed the guy sold it to one of the other Marines that drove it so hard he blew up the engine... :headbang:

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I bought a 2015 Sahara put the steel bumper, winch, bigger Duratrac tires and 2.5" AEV lift. Rest is stock. No LSD (dude) - only the standard BLD. Thing has been unstoppable in snow. It has not been a rock climber but has taken hard trails and deep mud. Unbelievably capable - did trails that stock Rubs were stuck in. I chalk that up to the driver... Still wish I would have bought a Rubicon.

With that being said, we kept the JK (too much blood, sweat, tears, and swearing) and bought a 19 JLUR. Looked at the MOAB and would rather have and not use than have to add on (lockers, sawybar disconnect, etc). It is getting lifted, tires, winch, etc. It will be used as my Rubicon should be used.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
You folks complaining about the noise of the MT's on the Moab... WTF?!?! :) Including the Rubi dudes... You call yourselves "Real" Jeepers... Incredible... You want loud, come ride in my 06 TJ soft top. Any highway time, I've long ago surrendered my radio!

Our 2019 Moab rides like a Caddy! It's my Wife's daily driver, and she loves the sound of the MT's. "it's a Jeep she says..." Are we gonna rock crawl in it? No... but are we going to hit the green and blue trails here in Arizona with it, you better believe it!!!
Naamloos-1.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I've got KM2's on my JL and they aren't obnoxiously loud. Sure they're louder than the KO2's that we had on our Grand Cherokee but not too bad. If I hadn't gotten a great deal on the KM2's I likely would have gotten KO2's for my JL.
The MT's make a little noise, but up to about 45 mph I don't really think they're any louder than the Revo 3's that were originally on my JL. Even above 45 I don't think they're too bad. To be completely fair though, I haven't had them over 55-60 yet, so maybe they get loud at those speeds. I don't know, so can't rule it out.

I certainly wouldn't decline a Moab due to the tires. In fact, it's on of the things I like about it.

Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
This is like asking a meathead what gym to workout at. They and the little dicks they have from all the steroid use will try to talk you into the local free weight gym where they stand around all day and look at themselves and each other only to swear they are not homos. They laugh at anyone who attempts to come in and just do a regular workout.
Buy what you want, look over each model and do the math, buy any model and you will still have a Jeep at the end of the day, you will figure it out and will still be able to go home and satisfy a woman, they will never be able to do that. This is why they put all the time into putting down anyone else who doesn’t do what they do. You’ll see them strutting in their Jeeps or Corvettes and you will know who they are, but we all know their dirty little secret and what it is that they are trying to make up for.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It still amazes me how emotional people get about someone else’s choice of vehicle.

However, facts are facts. A Moab is a lightly modded Sahara with some aesthetic upgrades, and that’s that. There’s nothing wrong with a Sahara, they’re very nice Jeeps and any Wrangler is more capable than anything else off road. Most of the parts that make a Moab functionally different from a Sahara will end up swapped out anyway.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
It still amazes me how emotional people get about someone else’s choice of vehicle....
Agreed. Why does anyone take it personally when someone buys a different model than them? Weird.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the parts that make a Moab functionally different from a Sahara will end up swapped out anyway.
I doubt someone would get a MOAB and swap out the parts that make them different from a Sahara (rubi hood, steel bumper, rock rails, MT Tires, Rubicon shocks and springs, etc...) Thats why they bought a MOAB in the first place.

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLU Rubicon (mine), 2018 White JLU Moab (wife)
Occupation
Retired
This is like asking a meathead what gym to workout at. They and the little dicks they have from all the steroid use will try to talk you into the local free weight gym where they stand around all day and look at themselves and each other only to swear they are not homos. They laugh at anyone who attempts to come in and just do a regular workout.
Buy what you want, look over each model and do the math, buy any model and you will still have a Jeep you will figure it out and will still be able to go home and satisfy a woman, they will never be able to do that again, that’s why they put all the time into putting down anyone else who doesn’t do what they do. You’ll see them strutting in their Jeeps or Corvettes and you will know who they are, but we all know their dirty little secret and what it is that they are trying to make up for.
OMG- Too funny, and unfortunately too true. Glad to see another dual Rubicon/Moab owner out there.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I doubt someone would get a MOAB and swap out the parts that make them different from a Sahara (rubi hood, steel bumper, rock rails, MT Tires, Rubicon shocks and springs, etc...) Thats why they bought a MOAB in the first place.
I said functionally different. Suspension and tires are the most common mods made to any Jeep. It's delusional to think otherwise.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
I said functionally different. Suspension and tires are the most common mods made to any Jeep. It's delusional to think otherwise.
I don't know if 'delusional' is the right word but I think most people buy the MOAB because it already comes with upgraded parts that you don't have to mod out later. It's a good starting point.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I don't know if 'delusional' is the right word but I think most people buy the MOAB because it already comes with upgraded parts that you don't have to mod out later. It's a good starting point.
Alright that might be a harsh choice of word. I don't disagree with you, a Moab is a good choice over a Sahara if you don't plan on modding, at a slightly lower price point than a loaded Rubicon.

The problem comes when people try to say it's somehow a better choice than a Rubicon for any reason other than the price.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
The problem comes when people try to say it's somehow a better choice than a Rubicon for any reason other than the price.
I don't think so. People know that a rubicon is the off road king and well worth it. That has never been in dispute. I personally went to buy a rubicon but when I went to the dealer they had the MOAB parked right next to one and I made the decision to get the MOAB since this is my daily driver and I go off-roading in Florida which is mostly trails and mudding that I don't need lockers and preferred the comfort of a Sahara and the leather interior. I'm also a sucker for special editions (I had a trail teams FJ Cruiser and loved the rareness of it).
Sponsored