Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
So...I've got a lot of catching up to do on my build thread. Getting ready to head West to Moab had me focused on storage solutions both in and on my Jeep.

I ended up adding three additions relating to storage on Rubi

1) Interior Saddle Bag
2) Rear Cargo Shelf
3) New roof Rack

Here's a look at the first, taking advantage of the little nooks/areas that can be turned into storage. This is Overland Outfitters Saddle Bag. It is designed to fit above the wheel well and attaches via the hard top hold down bolts.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_3176

I'm a sucker for anything that has a hand made quality to it. These should wear well with the oiled leather.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_3174

Here's where they attach...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_3177

The allows the bag to be removed and taken with out of the Jeep...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_3178

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_3180

More to come, stay tuned!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
Sponsored

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Really happy with the new Expedition One Mule Rack. It runs completely silent both out on the interstate at speed as well as on the trail. Looking forward outfitting it with fuel cells, lights, etc..

IMG_3075.jpeg

IMG_2719.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 11.30.42 PM 2.jpeg

Day 1 on Fins...

I'll do a more complete write-up/video when we get in from EJS. Stay tuned for more.

-Steven
I really really like that rack. Is this available now or did you get a test version. The one I see on their website is the full length version...don't want to cover up my freedom panels with a roof rack...this 3/4 one is perfect. I see some sites have a JT version...but cant find that on the Mule site. Is this the JT Mule, installed on the JL? Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I really really like that rack. Is this available now or did you get a test version. The one I see on their website is the full length version...don't want to cover up my freedom panels with a roof rack...this 3/4 one is perfect. I see some sites have a JT version...but cant find that on the Mule site. Is this the JT Mule, installed on the JL? Thanks
Hi, sorry for the slow reply. I've been on location and just getting front of a computer.

This rack is available. This is the JL Mule Ultra Mid-Rack. Their website is a little hard to navigate. Here's the link:
https://www.expeditiononestore.com/Jeep-JL-Mule-Ultra-Mid-Rack_p_441.html

I'll be doing a review on it soon hopefully. I can say it's very well designed and manufactured.

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Prepping for EJS/Moab. Added an Element 50 Fire Extinguisher.

...mounted it on the cargo door. We'll see if the one clip mount will be enough for the trails.

I have credit @BadAssBumbleBee for the Element 50 suggestion :like:

-Steven
Have you actually tried one yet. I was curious so I bought one and tried it on an engine compartment fire during a recent training. I was hoping it would work, but it did not put out the fire. Actually seemed to piss it off. Once my son gets the video up on YouTube, I’ll post a link.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Have you actually tried one yet. I was curious so I bought one and tried it on an engine compartment fire during a recent training. I was hoping it would work, but it did not put out the fire. Actually seemed to piss it off. Once my son gets the video up on YouTube, I’ll post a link.
Hey Dave! I have not actually used it yet (thank goodness).

I bought mine after getting a few recommends from other Jeepers and loving the way it's packaged (easy to mount anywhere). Looking forward to your video...knowledge is power!

-Steven

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Can you compare them with a 9-10 second standard extinguisher for the same situation? I have the Element 50 as well but it’s not any good if it doesn’t put out a fire.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Can you compare them with a 9-10 second standard extinguisher for the same situation? I have the Element 50 as well but it’s not any good if it doesn’t put out a fire.
Exactly, hoping to see a side by side comparison with a standard fire extinguisher.

Equipment like this and winches are things I need to know I can count on and will the job they were designed for.

-Steven

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Well we started with the Element 50, which the video will show. Then 2 firefighters tried with dry chems and the fire continued. We finally put it out with a hose line and a Halligan Bar to pop the hood. The problem was not being able to get good access with the hood down and let’s face it most people are not going to think to pull the hood latch in the car before getting out. I personally carry a mid size dry chem in the back with my fire gear in case I come up on an accident where soneone is trapped and the car is on fire. Now I would say that there is better access to the engine compartment with the Wrangler, but I personally would not trust the Element 50 to put the fire out. My Chief’s have the same opinion. Everybody gives it 5 stars on Amazon, but I bet not one of them tried to put an actual car fire out with it.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well we started with the Element 50, which the video will show. Then 2 firefighters tried with dry chems and the fire continued. We finally put it out with a hose line and a Halogen Bar to pop the hood. The problem was not being able to get good access with the hood down and let’s face it most people are not going to think to pull the hood latch in the car before getting out. I personally carry a mid size dry chem in the back with my fire gear in case I come up on an accident where soneone is trapped and the car is on fire. Now I would say that there is better access to the engine compartment with the Wrangler, but I personally would not trust the Element 50 to put the fire out. My Chief’s have the same opinion. Everybody gives it 5 stars on Amazon, but I bet not one of them tried to put an actual car fire out with it.
So was this with the hood up or down? Hose meaning water? I’m unfamiliar with a halogen bar.

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So was this with the hood up or down? Hose meaning water? I’m unfamiliar with a halogen bar.
the scenario was an engine compartment fire with the hood down. This is how we typically find them. Yes the hoes line was using water. Halligen, i blame that on spell correction. :)

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Trying with the hood closed, my guess is a 9-10 second standard automotive fire extinguisher might fare no better (not enough volume) in that situation and we definitely wouldn’t have any hose with anything coming through it to put it out. So what’s the next option?

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Here’s the link to the video.

Thanks for posting the video! Not being able to actually get at the fire makes it pretty hard to put out, right? Looking at this I don't feel convinced of the effectiveness/ineffectiveness either way of the Element 50.

Interested to hear others thoughts. As I said, really appreciate you sharing the video with us.

-Steven

Last edited:

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Thanks for posting the video! Not being able to actually get at the fire makes it pretty hard to put out, right? Looking at this I don't feel convinced of the effectiveness either way of the Element 50.

Interested to hear others thoughts. As I said, really appreciate you sharing the video with us.

-Steven
Yeah all the other videos I saw were either open pits and grills or cars with the hood up. I wanted to try it in real conditions that we see on fire calls.
Sponsored