Vehicle Showcase

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
These look like a little overkill for my needs, but I am looking for a shock upgrade for my 2.5” RC Spacer lift so I won’t have to use the shock extensions. I wonder if Fox is making a 2” longer shock for the JLUR yet?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Thats WAAAy overpriced. I'll wait for Teraflex. I had the Teraflex tuned Fox shocks for my JK and loved them and it was only about $900 for all 4.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Thats WAAAy overpriced. I'll wait for Teraflex. I had the Teraflex tuned Fox shocks for my JK and loved them and it was only about $900 for all 4.
They're a little over priced, not waaaay over priced. $900 would be for a the model without the compression adjusters, the shocks with the compression adjuster go for around $350 a piece.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Al D

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think the price is good considering they are valved for my application, have adjustable remote reservoirs, and are available and being shipped to me at this time!
I have heard good things about Accutune and am looking forward to working with them and Globex in NJ.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know if you can buy just the 2.5” Fox Shocks like the ones in the MOPAR lift kit?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
These are not overpriced.... With them being custom valved you don't really need the compression adjusters.
I had the Remote Reservoir non adjustable variation on my JK and not only was I able to match shock length to my springs & wheel/tire combo I was able to get them valved to my weight with mods, and the type of wheeling I like to do. They rode excellent on/off road I can tell you from experience these ride much better than off the shelf fox shocks(For essentially the same price.)

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
Ryan is the man over at Accutune. He does great work. I've never gotten anything from him that was less than amazing

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are not overpriced.... With them being custom valved you don't really need the compression adjusters.
I had the Remote Reservoir non adjustable variation on my JK and not only was I able to match shock length to my springs & wheel/tire combo I was able to get them valved to my weight with mods, and the type of wheeling I like to do. They rode excellent on/off road I can tell you from experience these ride much better than off the shelf fox shocks(For essentially the same price.)
The teraflex fox shocks are custom valved and are the best riding shocks you can get for the jk

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
The teraflex fox shocks are custom valved and are the best riding shocks you can get for the jk
They custom valve them to your specific JK? I know when I had my JK and ordered the Accutune shocks I specified how much extra weight I had added to the front/rear of my JK and how I prefer my ride on/off road. I wasn't aware that Teraflex does that as well. If so, they they are a great deal!

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
COMPRESSION ADJUSTERS WOULD COME IN HANDLE ESPECIALLY WHEN TOWING i WOULD IMAGINE?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They custom valve them to your specific JK? I know when I had my JK and ordered the Accutune shocks I specified how much extra weight I had added to the front/rear of my JK and how I prefer my ride on/off road. I wasn't aware that Teraflex does that as well. If so, they they are a great deal!
No they are just valved for a JK unlike most other shocks. No need to adjust them based on every pound because that changes too frequently. Do I valve for when I'm going offroading and carrying 450 lbs of gear in the back or for when driving day to day? I don't need that level of tuning. And if I'm going to spend that kind of money on shocks, I'd go with Kings, which are infinitely better than Fox's.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
No they are just valved for a JK unlike most other shocks. No need to adjust them based on every pound because that changes too frequently. Do I valve for when I'm going offroading and carrying 450 lbs of gear in the back or for when driving day to day? I don't need that level of tuning. And if I'm going to spend that kind of money on shocks, I'd go with Kings, which are infinitely better than Fox's.
We can agree on one thing.
Best Jeep I've ever rode in had EVO valved king coilovers. They felt like driving a Lazy Boy on our crappy Houston Roads. But they are 2x+ the price.
I've never had the pleasure of trying the higher end Teraflex shocks, so maybe they are the same. I'm just saying that for the price these really are not that bad compared to just buying off the shelf Fox remote reservoir shocks. I was extremely pleased with them, I went from Rancho RS9000xl at the time set to nearly full soft on road. Switching to the Accutune Fox the on road ride was very similar, but offroad they just soaked up all the bumps. For under $1k for the JK it seemed like a great deal(Non compression adjusters)
I've had coilovers in the past, and ended up re-valving them myself to get that perfect ride(For me) The Re-Valving itself wasn't hard after the first time, but the time/disappointment of pulling them off every time when the ride wasn't exactly what I wanted is something I would like to avoid again...