OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
If you aren't happy with what RK is offering I doubt you'll ever be happy man.
I was happy to remove their part from my vehicle.

That's cool that you are an RK fan. I am not saying all of their products are sub-par. I am simply relaying my experience with RK.
Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Which 3 coil correction pads did you try? Which brand finally worked for you? Thanks
RK, Metalcloak and the stock ones. Oddly enough I needed a stock isolator on one side and a Metalcloak on one side. It was very odd and required lots of patience on my end to get them correct. Can’t remember which pads after I did my axle swap.

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
RK, Metalcloak and the stock ones. Oddly enough I needed a stock isolator on one side and a Metalcloak on one side. It was very odd and required lots of patience on my end to get them correct. Can’t remember which pads after I did my axle swap.
Did you end up having to modify your upper isolators (on either side) to get the MC and stock lower isolators to work?

Did the RK correction pads not work at all for your setup?

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Did you end up having to modify your upper isolators (on either side) to get the MC and stock lower isolators to work?

Did the RK correction pads not work at all for your setup?
They didn’t work for me but I’m running MC springs. And don’t recall having to modify the stock top isolators. Ended up with a stock lower pad on one side and a MC pad on the other.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
Wow! ….. you started a thread to bash a company that’s going above and beyond to help you out……not cool dude……:facepalm:
Cautioning other potential buyers of an incompatible part because the manufacturer will not... and I'm the one who is 'not cool'. Got it.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but RK makes pads for both STOCK and aftermarket springs. Perhaps you purchased the incorrect part? They straightened mine right out just like kah.mun.rah's.

You also have to index the springs/pads correctly.

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but RK makes pads for both STOCK and aftermarket springs. Perhaps you purchased the incorrect part? They straightened mine right out just like kah.mun.rah's
I have the ones that came with the RK coil kit specifically for my vehicle and lift height.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
You know, I have heard of them including the incorrect part # before.

Then again, it seems like we hear about these strange issues.. your jeep might just be odd lol

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Cautioning other potential buyers of an incompatible part because the manufacturer will not... and I'm the one who is 'not cool'. Got it.
RK isn’t spreading the word on this because as usual, they do all the R&D and create new parts and everyone else tries to copy. You have a combination that seems to be very rare that they are working on a solution to and even offering to send you prototypes. They have shown you how to make your current parts work and have offered to send you new parts once they’re are available. The fact that after all of that you still chose to come here and bash one of the best manufacturers in the business is what is not cool. I’d love to see what kind of service you get from literally anyone else.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
RK isn’t spreading the word on this because as usual, they do all the R&D and create new parts and everyone else tries to copy. You have a combination that seems to be very rare that they are working on a solution to and even offering to send you prototypes. They have shown you how to make your current parts work and have offered to send you new parts once they’re are available. The fact that after all of that you still chose to come here and bash one of the best manufacturers in the business is what is not cool. I’d love to see what kind of service you get from literally anyone else.
Do you work for RK or something? You cropped up out of nowhere with all sorts of butthurt.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Do you work for RK or something? You cropped up out of nowhere with all sorts of butthurt.
Not at all, but there are few companies that work with their customers the way that RK does. They are even active and very helpful on these forums. You do you I suppose.

quick66

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hightide Edition
Sorry to the OP for having a tough time getting this sorted out. I've seen a lot of posts about spring bow. Are there certain configurations that cause this to happen on some vehicles and not others? The reason I ask is because my 2022 JLUXR didn't have spring bow issues. I also just put a 2.5" COR lift in it last week using the factory upper/lower spring index/isolators and there is no visible bow with the new springs either.

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
It could've been worse, not much worse though!
If they were already aware of this problem why don't they provide a warning to potential buyers?
Exactly. When I called and talked to RK I was ready for them to ask a bunch of questions, maybe want to see some pictures, want to check part numbers on all the parts I had (just to make sure there are no mixups), etc.

The instant I explained the situation to @Rock Krawler Suspension he says, 'let me send you a video, it's going to solve all your problems' ... that's how sure he was about the cause of the problem.
Sponsored