Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
Our 2.5" lift is nominal by the front lift height. The rear lift is less than 2.5 as the system is design to level the vehicle as well. Some rate them differently. That is the lowest lift height we have for the JL. Our 3.5 sit exactly 1" taller than the 2.5" coils.

The rear inside part of the fender piece that can be pulled out does protrude into the wheel well and 37's can rub on it without bump stops. Did you install our adjustable bump stop sets?
Hey,

Question here. I have the 2018 JLURubicon 4 Door. I purchased and installed your 2.5" X Factor Suspension.

I feel like my front end is a bit higher than my rear. Would it make sense that my nose is higher than my rear? If so, is adding a 1" or .5" spacer in the rear a good idea?

Thoughts here? I definitely don't want my nose up in the air.
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Hey,

Question here. I have the 2018 JLURubicon 4 Door. I purchased and installed your 2.5" X Factor Suspension.

I feel like my front end is a bit higher than my rear. Would it make sense that my nose is higher than my rear? If so, is adding a 1" or .5" spacer in the rear a good idea?

Thoughts here? I definitely don't want my nose up in the air.

How is the vehicle configured? Is it all stock other than suspension? Does it have a tire carrier? Aftermarket bumper? Whats on the front end? Hard or soft top? etc.

If you can post some pictures or shoot them over in a PM if you'd prefer, we can help to make a more accurate decision.

Petey003

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
How is the vehicle configured? Is it all stock other than suspension? Does it have a tire carrier? Aftermarket bumper? Whats on the front end? Hard or soft top? etc.

If you can post some pictures or shoot them over in a PM if you'd prefer, we can help to make a more accurate decision.
Hey,

Sure thing! Current set up: Hard Top, Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 front bumper (137lbs), XRC X2O 10,000lb winch (67lbs). I've got my 35" (78lb) General Grabber X3 on the back also.

My concern is that, I want a rear bumper/tire carrier and it's going to squat even more :-/.

Pics aren't a complete side shot but show the slight nose up look (even with the 200+lbs on front). At first I thought it was the high clearance fenders in the front but it has a bit of a nose up feel while driving also.

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3324.JPG

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Tough to tell in pictures but that looks to sit nose low to me. We use the body line between the hardtop and the body that extends to the doors as a reference point. If you measure the gap from tires to fenders, you'll measure that the gap is less in the rear. If you want to go up in the rear, you can use our 3.5" springs or some spacers, Daystar makes great options for that.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Tough to tell in pictures but that looks to sit nose low to me. We use the body line between the hardtop and the body that extends to the doors as a reference point. If you measure the gap from tires to fenders, you'll measure that the gap is less in the rear. If you want to go up in the rear, you can use our 3.5" springs or some spacers, Daystar makes great options for that.
Just installed the 2.5 stock mod (have your rear uppers in from my JK) and that body line is perfectly level
Love the way it rides, I’m on evo shock extensions for now till I decide which shock I want to run and prefect height. Actually sit a little higher than my buddies 3.5 RK on his JK (don’t mind the weird tape, someone must’ve been sleeping when that one went through)

BE66EFD8-1CCA-4983-AC49-0F638F8D15E9.jpeg

A423575A-195A-4A74-A914-9ACDDA43A807.jpeg

8B002FD4-2620-4426-AAA2-4D5C2E040A96.jpeg

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Hey,

Sure thing! Current set up: Hard Top, Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 front bumper (137lbs), XRC X2O 10,000lb winch (67lbs). I've got my 35" (78lb) General Grabber X3 on the back also.

My concern is that, I want a rear bumper/tire carrier and it's going to squat even more :-/.

Pics aren't a complete side shot but show the slight nose up look (even with the 200+lbs on front). At first I thought it was the high clearance fenders in the front but it has a bit of a nose up feel while driving also.

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3324.JPG
I think that looks great. I ended up adding a spacer to get mine closer to level from my eye (in the front).

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
@Rock Krawler Suspension
I have narrowed my lift choice down to Rock Krawler x-factor most likely with the falcon 3.3s; but, I still have a few questions I didn’t see in the thread and figured I would post here. I’m nearly due for my rubicon unlimited in the next week or less.

1) when utilizing 37”/38” tires how much shock travel can one really expect to utilize with the RRD shocks or TT shocks? I know the quoted shock travel numbers are pretty impressive http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JL25XF-4TT but if your bumped out with above tire sizes I’m wondering if I should go with a 3.5” lift to allow slightly more shock travel (except the backdraw of probably needing an aftermarket driveshaft with the 3.5”). With the 90 degree of misalignment in the control arm joints I would expect to be able to utilize quite a bit (if not all) of the shock down travel in a 2.5” lift but figured I would ask.

2) I’ve seen a few utilizing 4.75” (though 4.5” is suggested for the rubicon 37” tires) backspacing on a few builds on this forum and Facebook with the RK 2.5” lift and 37”. But if I were to run 38x13.50 tires the suggested is 3.5”, just wondering with the 2.5” lift if I could get away with 4.5” backspacing with removal of the inner fenders on the rubicon. Or if it will for sure rub like crazy on metal parts.

3) just wanted to ensure as I’ve seen some say for sure you can lubricate the control arms without removing them as long as you place the zerk fittings downwards and utilize a 90 degree greasing tip.

Thank you in advance.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension
I have narrowed my lift choice down to Rock Krawler x-factor most likely with the falcon 3.3s; but, I still have a few questions I didn’t see in the thread and figured I would post here. I’m nearly due for my rubicon unlimited in the next week or less.

1) when utilizing 37”/38” tires how much shock travel can one really expect to utilize with the RRD shocks or TT shocks? I know the quoted shock travel numbers are pretty impressive http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JL25XF-4TT but if your bumped out with above tire sizes I’m wondering if I should go with a 3.5” lift to allow slightly more shock travel (except the backdraw of probably needing an aftermarket driveshaft with the 3.5”). With the 90 degree of misalignment in the control arm joints I would expect to be able to utilize quite a bit (if not all) of the shock down travel in a 2.5” lift but figured I would ask.

2) I’ve seen a few utilizing 4.75” (though 4.5” is suggested for the rubicon 37” tires) backspacing on a few builds on this forum and Facebook with the RK 2.5” lift and 37”. But if I were to run 38x13.50 tires the suggested is 3.5”, just wondering with the 2.5” lift if I could get away with 4.5” backspacing with removal of the inner fenders on the rubicon. Or if it will for sure rub like crazy on metal parts.

3) just wanted to ensure as I’ve seen some say for sure you can lubricate the control arms without removing them as long as you place the zerk fittings downwards and utilize a 90 degree greasing tip.

Thank you in advance.

1) 37/38" on a 2.5" lift, you could reasonably expect 4" of uptravel and the remainder down (on a rubicon). On a 2.5" that would mean roughly loosing out on about .75" of available uptravel which you could gain back with trimmed fenders.

2) 38x13.50 will rub on control arms at 4.5" back space.

3) Correct.

AmericanMule

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Bright White 3.6L
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Rocking the RK 2.5 X Factor Stage 1, with Falcon 2.1
Red Powder coated springs.

Sitting on 315/70R17 Cooper STT Pros banded over Fuel Zephyr D632.

Installer took it for a test drive prior to install of lift and after alignment. Said it rides just like factory. I'd agree so far. Very impressed with the design.

J1.jpg

J2.jpg

J3.jpg

Sponsored

ut755ln

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2019 JL
I read the thread and I am about to order the 2.5" JLU X Factor lift. I picked out the wheels and the Nitto 37s and I was wondering how tall the jeep will be? My house is older and with the garage door up I have 6'6" before I would bump something.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a measurement but I have a memory of people measuring to 76" IIRC but perhaps another user can help out with an accurate overall height.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
I read the thread and I am about to order the 2.5" JLU X Factor lift. I picked out the wheels and the Nitto 37s and I was wondering how tall the jeep will be? My house is older and with the garage door up I have 6'6" before I would bump something.
I have the x factor lift with 37 nitto ridge graps, I'm around 6' 7" with a soft top
Sponsored