Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Professional User of Common Sense
Id don’t think so. I wish OP was closer and we’d take a look and see what’s going on. The alignment machine can tell parts of a story but sometimes just studying up what was done can fill in the blanks.

Track bar really just centers the axle. On the relocation brackets for the LCA, do they have an extra set of holes Incase you go with a larger lift? If so, I’d make sure they are both in the same holes between the sides. The fact you were told it looks like a Labrador makes me question the thrust angle. Put a tape on a constant point on both sides and measure from the frame to the axle and make sure they are uniform in the rear. I don’t know how they could be off but check that too.

Brett
...and I’ll be giving your suggestions a try tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AuburnRubicon

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Remove the steering stabilizer. The fox stabilizer is not a neutral stabilizer and causes a push to the right.

Additionally, your caster is low. Being lifted you want it between 5.5-6 degrees seems to be the consensus.

Your caster is slightly lower on the passenger's side. Typically you want it to be slightly higher to offset the slant of the road towards the curb.
Just to clarify, should my caster still be between 5.5-6° even though I’m using factory front control arms with a Rancho geometry relocation bracket?

Thanks!!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Just to clarify, should my caster still be between 5.5-6° even though I’m using factory front control arms with a Rancho geometry relocation bracket?

Thanks!!
Yes, that is what I would shoot for. There are three settings on the brackets so you should be able to get into that range/closer to it.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
My thrust angle is .34°. The installer knows it’s off, but they can’t seem to get it adjusted. I’m their first JL with a Rancho and first JL with this issue. Lucky me.

The seem to believe the adjustable CA’s are my fix at this point.

I greatly appreciate your willingness to help.
.34 degrees isnt much.if it didnt do it before the lift, i dont know how it could be causing it after the lift. if they didnt mess with the rear control arms or anything else it should not have changed from before. Please keep us updated

brett

OP
OP
AuburnRubicon

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
.34 degrees isnt much.if it didnt do it before the lift, i dont know how it could be causing it after the lift. if they didnt mess with the rear control arms or anything else it should not have changed from before. Please keep us updated

brett
I had a slight pull right before the lift. I didn’t think much of it and dismissed it as “a Jeep thing,” because every JL I test drove did it.

After the lift, it was a much more significant pull. I figured the front end alignment wasn’t right only to discover the rear was off, namely the toe.

I don’t want to have abnormal tread wear, and I know I will if this isn’t settled soon.

I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I had a slight pull right before the lift. I didn’t think much of it and dismissed it as “a Jeep thing,” because every JL I test drove did it.

After the lift, it was a much more significant pull. I figured the front end alignment wasn’t right only to discover the rear was off, namely the toe.

I don’t want to have abnormal tread wear, and I know I will if this isn’t settled soon.

I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!
If it did it before the lift, it is probably just the normal pull to the right due to road's slant towards the curb/slight caster difference. You are just feeling it more now due to the wide tires, they will cause it to pull a bit more.

Last edited:

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Remove the steering stabilizer. The fox stabilizer is not a neutral stabilizer and causes a push to the right.

Additionally, your caster is low. Being lifted you want it between 5.5-6 degrees seems to be the consensus.

Your caster is slightly lower on the passenger's side. Typically you want it to be slightly higher to offset the slant of the road towards the curb.
I was going to say the last line here, it’s spot on. Tire wear can also make the pull worse, sometimes moving tires around helps, but sounds like yours are new,

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the Rancho springs are corner specific and they are different lengths when you compare drivers side to passengers side. Is it possible that the installer mixed up the springs and if so would that cause your issues? Anyone with more expertise than me care to weigh in?? I'm just shooting in the dark here and have a very rudimentary understanding of the suspension.

EDIT: I just looked at the Rancho kits on Quadratec and the install directions only list part numbers for front and rear, no FR, FL, RR, RL. I could have sworn I read they were corner specifc. Oh well, don't mind me...maybe it was another kit I was looking at.
There has to be a different cup/seat for passenger rear to offset fuel weight, if the springs are the same or it would sit crooked.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have the Rancho 3.5" with no rear adj CA, No issues here at all. Although front I had to have adj CR and Geo Brackets

OP
OP
AuburnRubicon

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have the Rancho 3.5" with no rear adj CA, No issues here at all. Although front I had to have adj CR and Geo Brackets
I also have the geo brackets on front. I ran these tires for 2 weeks prior to lift, and I had little to no pull. My sharp right pull arrived once the lift was installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AuburnRubicon

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If it did it before the lift, it is probably just the normal pull to the right due to road's slant towards the curb/slight caster difference. You are just feeling it more now due to the wide tires, they will cause it to pull a bit more.
I had these tires for 2 weeks without issue. The lift was installed last Tuesday, and that's when pull began.

OP
OP
AuburnRubicon

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you ever figure out the right pull?
Yes and no.

I had an acknowledged defective Fox steering stabilizer. Returning to factory stabilizer helped some. My front axle was also off about 1.25”. Re-centering that and adjusting the track bar got me better than factory new with a very minor pull. (Thanks Jeff Quade!)

My castor is still off, but I’ve had 2 shops agree that front lower adjustable control arms in lieu of geometry relocation brackets “should” correct the issue. I don’t know when handle that.

The odd part still is that at speeds over 60, the pull is even less noticeable if at all.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I also have that problem on my 2018 JL Rubicon.. I put a Mopar 2 inch lift which is about 3 when its installed. I had 37 12.50 17 Nitto ridge grapplers and it drove so straight for ever it seemed. I put 37 12.50 cooper stt pros and now it wonders to the right if i let go of the steering wheel. I don't know if i should go with adjustable track bar or control arms or correction brackets. what do you i should go with ? And my alignment is spot on . Wife wont even drive it anymore its wonders so bad to the right
Sponsored