Right pull after lift

Newbomb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
I pieced together a lift and installed it on my wife's 21 JLU Sahara. It has less than 12,000 miles on it. Here are a list of the parts...

JKS 2.5" SD springs
Fox shocks
JKS front track bar
RK Rear track bar bracket
Teraflex rear sway links
Factory rear links moved to front
RK front and rear correction wedges
Mopar beadlock capable wheels
35" Kenda Kleever R/T's
RK X-factor front lower control arms
Stock steering stabilizer

Immediately has a gnarly right pull...even after 2 shops aligned it (who don't print out the specs). The RK LCA's rubbed so I put those to the side for when my JLUR gets here and installed a set of teraflex sport fixed front LCA's. The pull is still there, maybe 10-20% better but let go of the wheel, say "one Mississippi" and you're into the shoulder.

-I've verified front axle is centered
-I've driven it with and without the steering stabilizer, no change noted
-Rear axle seems to be centered best it can with the RK bracket
-I've adjusted tire pressure about 20 times to find a combo that would work
-I've done the steering reset
-I've rotated the tires 3 times.

Nothing has worked.

I don't want to drop more money on adjustable front LCA's after buying 2 sets already. I'm wondering if I bought adjustable front UPPER control arms, if I could slighty tweak it to drive straight (shorten DS and lengthen PS). What'ya think?

Also I'm probably crazy but it seems like at all times the steering wheel is "lighter" to turn right than it is left, at any speed.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I pieced together a lift and installed it on my wife's 21 JLU Sahara. It has less than 12,000 miles on it. Here are a list of the parts...

JKS 2.5" SD springs
Fox shocks
JKS front track bar
Teraflex rear sway links
35" Kenda Kleever R/T's

Immediately has a gnarly right pull...even after 2 shops aligned it (who don't print out the specs). The RK LCA's rubbed so I put those to the side for when my JLUR gets here and installed a set of teraflex sport fixed front LCA's. The pull is still there, maybe 10-20% better but let go of the wheel, say "one Mississippi" and you're into the shoulder.

Nothing has worked.

I don't want to drop more money on adjustable front LCA's after buying 2 sets already. I'm wondering if I bought adjustable front UPPER control arms, if I could slighty tweak it to drive straight (shorten DS and lengthen PS). What'ya think?

Also I'm probably crazy but it seems like at all times the steering wheel is "lighter" to turn right than it is left, at any speed.
What is the toe set at ?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase

JKS 2.5" SD springs
Fox shocks
JKS front track bar
Teraflex rear sway links
35" Kenda Kleever R/T's

Nothing has worked.

You should have just gotten a Mopar lift kit as a good starting point, rathar than going the frankenbuild route..

OP
OP

Newbomb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
You should have just gotten a Mopar lift kit as a good starting point, rathar than going the frankenbuild route..
The mopar kit doesnā€™t come with a front track bar or rear bracket. I have the same shocks as the kit. Only difference is springs and what? LCAā€™s? That it.

Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I had the same issue after my Mopar lift (with supplied track bars). It was aligned, but still pulled. I needed to give the drag link a 1/4 turn. Solved it.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
The mopar kit doesnā€™t come with a front track bar or rear bracket. I have the same shocks as the kit. Only difference is springs and what? LCAā€™s? That it.
And thatā€™s why you start with the Mopar lift kit as a base and you build from there ā€œas neededā€™. You probably spent more by trying to piecemiel it..

Last edited:
OP
OP

Newbomb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
I had the same issue after my Mopar lift (with supplied track bars). It was aligned, but still pulled. I needed to give the drag link a 1/4 turn. Solved it.
I have centered the wheel with drag link and tried having wheel slightly set a hair right and a hair left. It sounds dumb but I feel like I need to adjust drag link an entire turn, basically turning the steering wheel one full turn to the right. Almost like itā€™s turned to the left too far and wanting to go right, like preload or something, I donā€™t know.

OP
OP

Newbomb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
And thatā€™s why you start with the Mopar lift kit as a base and you build from there ā€œas neededā€™. You probably spent more by trying to piecemieling it..
You're wrong.

The mopar kit is a basic kit (shocks, springs, sway links, bumpstops) for $1500

I spent $1,355 on JKS springs, Fox shocks, Bump stops F/R, Teraflex rear sway links and Teraflex front LCA's......add another $330 for JKS front TB and RK rear TB bracket.

Sponsored

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
When I have done all that you have already done, including setting toe in at 1/16-1/8 as Roky suggested and it still pulls i suspect cross-caster. I get on a flat surface and measure as accurately as I can center of front to center of rear axle. Then the other side and see what the difference is if any. I square everything up with wheels off using rotors.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
You're wrong.

The mopar kit is a basic kit (shocks, springs, sway links, bumpstops) for $1500

I spent $1,355 on JKS springs, Fox shocks, Bump stops F/R, Teraflex rear sway links and Teraflex front LCA's......add another $330 for JKS front TB and RK rear TB bracket.
to each his own Adam. hope you can resolve the issues with your creation...

Jeep Wrangler JL Right pull after lift 1653262825630

Jeep Wrangler JL Right pull after lift 1653262923587

Last edited:
OP
OP

Newbomb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
to each his own Adam. hope you can resolve the issues with your creation...

We get it, you have the mopar kit and think itā€™s the best money can buy. You provided nothing to this thread other than trying to flex your Jeep with a budget boost. Iā€™d bet you didnā€™t wrench on it yourself. Many threads on here with mopar lifts.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
We really need to know what your caster, cross-caster, and toe are set at to help you get things resolved.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
We get it, you have the mopar kit and think itā€™s the best money can buy. You provided nothing to this thread other than trying to flex your Jeep with a budget boost. Iā€™d bet you didnā€™t wrench on it yourself. Many threads on here with mopar lifts.
We really need a Trump meme for this dude with ā€œMopar lifts are the best lifts money can buy. You canā€™t find a lift anywhere in the world better than Mopar liftsā€.šŸ¤£
Sponsored