Sponsored

Replace carpet with custom molded interior liner?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
Our 2020 Jeep is low mileage but the interior is already covered with red dust, and we have white colored dog hair lodging into the carpet weave. I would like to keep the dog and get rid of the carpet, so I am wondering if there are any rubber mat products that form fit over all the contours and access holes while replacing the carpets.

Thank you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Replace carpet with custom molded interior liner? Go-Go_2020_05_02A_800x
Sponsored

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Gorgeous dog.

You can pull the carpet and have bedliner (e.g. Line-X) professionally installed. You could also just buy a can of it and do it yourself, but I’d be afraid of messing it up, personally.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
While searching around I found some info about the BedRug BedTred liners. At first glance this seems to be excatly what I am hoping to find, so I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this product, if it looks "factory" when installed correctly, and if there are any similar alternative brands that might be considered.

https://bedrug.com/bedtred-jeep-cargo-liners/2020/jeep/wrangler

Thank you!

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I was interested in the bed rug stuff too, but looking at those reviews it doesn't seem too well thought out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Which reviews have you seen?

edit to add: Aha, I see the reviews are at the page I linked too. One described a specific issue with the location of some holes on the JK kit, the others seemed to be "I had it for 5 minutes and don't know if I like it or not", and a couple folks didn't seem to know what they were buying, bought it, were disappointed to learn it didn't do what it didn't do, but didn't mention whether they didn't use the 30 day satisfaction warranty to return it for a refund.

I think I'd like to find some more reviews. :)

Thank you.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
From my understand, it's not good to bed line the interior. I've heard from a few other people on the forum and read up on it. here's one of the articles. I'm not an expert, just going off of what I've read.
I am really hoping SOMEONE comes out with an affordable rubber floor system. I wish Jeep would have made it a option especially in the cargo area.
https://raybuck.com/bed-liner-insid... this to an enclosed,fumes that have built up.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Sponsored

rampart_ranger

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Willys XR
Hey @JeepScares , I installed BedTred in my JK for the exact same reasons you're looking. Our Aussie sheds white hair that was impossible to get out of that carpet. I went with BedTred since its a hard shell material that was super easy to clean. And rhino liner was going to be $$$.

I absolutely loved it. It looked factory, or close, and I had no changes/issues with road noise, insulation, etc. I'm pretty meticulous and patient when it comes to installing, so I had no issues. It fit like a glove for my Jeep. And it was so easy to clean.

The only downside I found was that the BedTred doesn't have any clips for floor mats, so my beefy "Jeep" floor mats had to go.

I haven't put it in my JL yet. But I'll share a pic from my JK. Hope this helps.

https://bedrug.com/bedtred-jeep-cargo-liners/2019/jeep/wrangler

C1250DE4-B1D4-4933-AB33-D1E9B501593D-5448-0000036B904F4BD3.jpg

9D4A710B-CD96-4655-8E09-8F289C07981B-5448-0000036B8C38B8DA.jpg