floor carpet removal + interior rhino spray lining

mojitojeep

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I guess i'll be the first. After 8 miles on the jeep and 3 rock chips!!!! I decided to rhino line the inside and jams. The carpet was designed to come out. It has snap out pieces. All carpet came out in about 10 minutes. My game plan is after it is rhino lined put the carpet back in for the time being. You can raise the snaps (they screw in) to off set the rhino thinness. Here is what the inside looks like with the carpet removed. I think the sound deadening looks better than my JK. If you zoom in you can see the snaps.

[
Cost? I'd love to do this in mine.
Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

covfefe awesome. just reading your name and seeing your pic, i need a safe space!!!!! jk the only thing that keeps me safe is strapped to my waist. thank you for your service. two separate problems one solution. instead of stones chipping paint it hits the rhino liner instead and protects the jams from scuffs getting in and out. some people get the kick plates, i rhino line instead. not sure if it deadens the sound any but it makes you not need weather tech floor mats.
Do you happen to know how much weight was added? That’s a lot of LineX

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Cost? I'd love to do this in mine.
I just had mine done. I did not remove anything and brought it in. Material and labor was $1200

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to know how much weight was added? That’s a lot of LineX
Not sure. It feels negligible thus far.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just had mine done. I did not remove anything and brought it in. Material and labor was $1200
Did you do Rhino, Raptor, Line-X, or other? I did Line-X to my YJ years ago and loved it, but would do Rhino this time around, if I did it, due to being thicker and more rubbery and likely to have more insulating qualities for both sound and heat.

If Rhino, did it make the Jeep quieter at all? If I did it, I would still put the carpet over the top of it, except when on big off-road trips.

I don't think 900-1200 bucks is outlandish. Hell, Bestop charges about that for their soft doors!

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Did y’all spray the cubby lid? anyone have photos of the trunk sprayed?
No, left it carpeted. However I have the MOPAR mats, so it sits under those. Note that if you fully remove carpet, and do not want to out piano hinges or something, the cubby lif just sits. It is not really 'attached ' , hence MOPAR mats.

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do Rhino, Raptor, Line-X, or other? I did Line-X to my YJ years ago and loved it, but would do Rhino this time around, if I did it, due to being thicker and more rubbery and likely to have more insulating qualities for both sound and heat.

If Rhino, did it make the Jeep quieter at all? If I did it, I would still put the carpet over the top of it, except when on big off-road trips.

I don't think 900-1200 bucks is outlandish. Hell, Bestop charges about that for their soft doors!
I went with Line-x. I absolutely love it. I mountaineer/climb/backpack and have a black lab. Clean up is a breeze - hose it off and good to go. Note I keep the MOPAR mats installed on entire floor.

I honestly feel the Line-X has aided in insulating and noise reduction. I have 35 inch M/Ts and I barely hear them on highway.

I have traveled hundreds of miles with Bimini top only, got caught in rain and have had no issues with drying/smell/water retention etc..

10/10 will Line-X every Jeep myself ot family own here in out. Between the savings on time, my time/energy, and carpet upkeep, $1200 has been worth every dollar.

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I went with Line-x. I absolutely love it. I mountaineer/climb/backpack and have a black lab. Clean up is a breeze - hose it off and good to go. Note I keep the MOPAR mats installed on entire floor.

I honestly feel the Line-X has aided in insulating and noise reduction. I have 35 inch M/Ts and I barely hear them on highway.

I have traveled hundreds of miles with Bimini top only, got caught in rain and have had no issues with drying/smell/water retention etc..

10/10 will Line-X every Jeep myself ot family own here in out. Between the savings on time, my time/energy, and carpet upkeep, $1200 has been worth every dollar.
I think it would be a hot item if manufacturers of off-road targeted vehicles were offered in LineX both inside and out. FJ had a rubber floor which was easy to keep clean and now Bronco has done the same plus plugs for a good washout.

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
I think it would be a hot item if manufacturers of off-road targeted vehicles were offered in LineX both inside and out. FJ had a rubber floor which was easy to keep clean and now Bronco has done the same plus plugs for a good washout.
1000% why does Jeep not offer 'off-road' or 'all weather' fa tory floor option. I know I would have jumped at it. Especially if not Rubicon or Moab or Mojave trim exclusive.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
1000% why does Jeep not offer 'off-road' or 'all weather' fa tory floor option. I know I would have jumped at it. Especially if not Rubicon or Moab or Mojave trim exclusive.
Bronco did. Perhaps 2021. All except Sahara. Don’t see the ladies caring for it. LoL Just joking :)

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
the flap is covered with carpet, on my jk it was also. I hit it with a blow torch and burned the carpet off! it looked just like the rhino lining. not sure what im going to do with it yet. it hurts thinking about testing the blow torch on it.
Any tips for trying this? Did you also do the rails on either side of the flap? Do you have any pictures how it turned out?

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Any tips for trying this? Did you also do the rails on either side of the flap? Do you have any pictures how it turned out?
Hey, I am still working out how to link threads, but I saw some posts via Google searches of this process. Kinda exactly what it sounds like from the pictures: guy blow torched lid top, then bottom until carpet was burned off, but lid intact.

Seems like a good option if you are not wanting to have mats or any other covering in your trunk. I mentioned this before but will repeat, if you remove carpet completely, the lid is NOT attached to the trunk any longer and you need to install some type of piano hinge to keep it down. I did NOT want to drill into and through the Line-X so I keep lid in place via MOPAR trunk mats.
Sponsored