Sponsored

Remove Hood Decals? Am I crazy?

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Will it be her Jeep or your Jeep? There's your answer.
Sponsored

eg6turbo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
I feel the same way about the decals....the baby blue just looks too feminine to me... definitely would paint all the blue hooks black and change all the hood decals to a regular rubicon decal.

JeepinInIdaho

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 3500, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Struggled with this myself. Did a little photo shopping to "try before I buy" and talked myself out of removing them. I did remove the decals just in front of the door with a heat gun and no regrets there.

Willys.jpg

No_Willys.jpg

OP
OP

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
I like the photoshop idea. I'm not expert, but took a stab at what the Rubicon 4xe would look like without the hood graphics. Here's what I got... I think I like it...

Jeep Wrangler JL Remove Hood Decals? Am I crazy? 4xe rubicon (no hood decals)

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy
I'm planning to remove not only the hood decal, but ALL of the bright blue badging, stickers, etc... that comes on the 4xe, including the "rubicon" lettering on the side of the hood. From the outside, the only thing that would tipoff that mine is the 4xe will be the charging plug on the driver side cowl. Planning to replace the hood decal with a plain matte black decal for hood glare. Jeep badges will be replaced either with dark grey or black. Bumpers both coming off and replaced with aftermarket, so those blue tow hooks disappear. Doing the saddle interior, so none of the blue stitching on the interior either.

Anything else I'm forgetting?
I may be interested in buying those tow hooks from you.. DM me if interested.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I'm planning to remove not only the hood decal, but ALL of the bright blue badging, stickers, etc... that comes on the 4xe, including the "rubicon" lettering on the side of the hood. From the outside, the only thing that would tipoff that mine is the 4xe will be the charging plug on the driver side cowl. Planning to replace the hood decal with a plain matte black decal for hood glare. Jeep badges will be replaced either with dark grey or black. Bumpers both coming off and replaced with aftermarket, so those blue tow hooks disappear. Doing the saddle interior, so none of the blue stitching on the interior either.

Anything else I'm forgetting?
Blue snatch hooks too. Have you ever tried the color-blind correcting sunglasses?

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Blue snatch hooks too. Have you ever tried the color-blind correcting sunglasses?
I took the Enchroma test... identified that yes indeed, I am badly colorblind and too far gone for their product to be of any use. Lots of what I hear though is that those reaction videos are total BS and the glasses are just either blue blockers or yellow hunting glasses that filter out some visible light wavelengths. Apparently, this only really helps those with very minor color issues, and could have same tech in lenses for less than $10/pair.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I took the Enchroma test... identified that yes indeed, I am badly colorblind and too far gone for their product to be of any use. Lots of what I hear though is that those reaction videos are total BS and the glasses are just either blue blockers or yellow hunting glasses that filter out some visible light wavelengths. Apparently, this only really helps those with very minor color issues, and could have same tech in lenses for less than $10/pair.
Mynephew in-law can only see like 2 colors and they worked for him. I think he paid about $500 for them, though. I'm sure there's different reasons/cases of difficulties. He always had/has problems with the horizontal traffic lights. Good luck!

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Mynephew in-law can only see like 2 colors and they worked for him. I think he paid about $500 for them, though. I'm sure there's different reasons/cases of difficulties. He always had/has problems with the horizontal traffic lights. Good luck!
I definitely would have issues at a horizontal traffic light, but luckily they don't use those by me. The red and yellow in traffic lights both look the same to me, and the green light looks more white than anything else. I only go off position when I see a traffic light. I used to have issues when I lived in Michigan with the single flashing light... could never tell if it was red or yellow, and had to just slow roll all of them. Luckily avoided any tickets, but have been pulled over a time or two for my behavior at such lights.

Apparently, the placebo effect is not only real, but strong stuff:

https://phys.org/news/2018-10-scientists-debunk-effectiveness-enchroma-glasses.html

Sponsored

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I’m a big no sticker guy, but I like the large decal on the hood. I’m not crazy about the “Rubicon” hood lettering though, I haven’t liked those since they came about on the TJs. I will probably remove them when my 4XE shows up.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Not a fan of the black hood decal or the blue accents, but the hood decal is the worst and yet best part... worst cause it doesn't flow well, best because that's one less area to wash and w/rubis it's hard to reach that area

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
The decal is just that, a sticker. You can peel it off, no problem.

I will say, however, that the decal serves a great purpose and that is to cut down on hood glare.

You will hate the glare more than the decal.
Despite my slanted Asian eyes and wearing sunglasses, the hood glare is terrible so I added a hood decal to mine. Now, my eyes are not as slanted/squinted when I drive ;).

Keep the hood decal.

MattsCage

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I had the same thought - as I do not like "stickers" on expensive vehicles. IF you want to tone it down...look at my thread. Not sure your exterior color, but it was many stickers and highlights on black. Decieded to take off WRANGLER (small stickers) - duh, and change out the JEEP and Trail Rated to OEM Matte Black (one not backlit in red)...less clutter.
Last Jeep stripped orange MOUNTAIN, but on this RUBICON. Can always stip it later as you can order OEM replacment stickers if you want. My red dash was my issue.
Sponsored