Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
They look brand new, honestly because of COVID last year we only did two trips. We did a week in South Dakota and a long weekend at a Jeep jamboree in Kentucky.It was just me and my wife in South Dakota so most of the stuff we did I barely needed 4WD. In Kentucky it was so muddy we stuck to mainly blue trails.

I checked the toe before I pulled it apart today, and it was at 1/16 in. After the new joints and knuckles it was actually 1/16 out. I readjusted it to 1/16th in. I actually tried it before at 1/16 out and it didn’t make any difference. Steer smart swears by toe out so I figured I would try it.
Interesting, i should check mine i never checked it after lol

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet!

Now back away and wait! Moto and I are overnighting a care package filled with bubble wrap and grippy gloves. Oh, and is Colby secured?
Copy that... Colbys good, lol. I see now how these things got dropped, they’re about 25 lbs each and the orange paint is slick as snot .........😆

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They look brand new, honestly because of COVID last year we only did two trips. We did a week in South Dakota and a long weekend at a Jeep jamboree in Kentucky.It was just me and my wife in South Dakota so most of the stuff we did I barely needed 4WD. In Kentucky it was so muddy we stuck to mainly blue trails.

I checked the toe before I pulled it apart today, and it was at 1/16 in. After the new joints and knuckles it was actually 1/16 out. I readjusted it to 1/16th in. I actually tried it before at 1/16 out and it didn’t make any difference. Steer smart swears by toe out so I figured I would try it.
Hmm.
Ok, you got me beat on this one. I was envisioning Bubble Boy, but your suit allows much more freedom of movement.

Link please. :CWL:

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Have you tried rotating your tires? Do you have a friend who will let you swap on his wheels/tires?
Yes I have rotated them and had them balanced 5 times. Most of the guys around me have Tj’s. One guy has a Jl but he is running 37” SST pros and they are pretty tore up. They ride like crap on his so I doubt it would be any help to me.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately the wobble I had that started this whole adventure in rebuilding the factory steering seems to still be there. There is officially nothing left to replace on this thing. I might have to just admit defeat on this thing and move on.
Are you still on the factory steering (tie rod/draglink)? NM lol.. my reading comprehension sucks today after the workday I've had.

I ask because I plan to upgrade my steering to RPM or Rusty's next and think that might be the solution for what you're explaining.

Last edited:

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Are you still on the factory steering (tie rod/draglink)? NM lol.. my reading comprehension sucks today after the workday I've had.

I ask because I plan to upgrade my steering to RPM or Rusty's next and think that might be the solution for what you're explaining.
I have the Rusty’s steering on it.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And still have wobble after all that?? Maybe there's no hope :-(

Tires, alignment.. who knows.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see it now.. looking at it in this pic.. hard to believe you're still having some wobble with literally everything upgraded.

I know the RAM trucks have some rubber bushing in the column linkage which could cause it.

https://www.dirtydieselcustom.ca/products/2003-2019-cummins-intermediate-shaft-bushings

Watch the video.. anyone want to crawl up under the JL dash and see if we have that bushing in our linkage? I'm not going out there in the near zero deg weather we're having over the next four days lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reid Racing Steering knuckles 1613094899489

Last edited: