REGEAR WHAT PARTS DO I NEED?

VINDALOU

First Name
VINCENT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER JLU SPORT S
I HAVE A JLU SPORT WITH LOCKING REAR END, 6 SPEED,37S TIRES.(DANA 30 FRONT,DANA 44 REAR)
LOOKING TO REGEAR TO 4.56 FRONT AND REAR ( GOING WITH DANA SPICER PARTS)
CANNOT FIND ANY VEHICULE SPECIFIC KITS .
CAN ANY OF YOU JEEPERS GIVE ME PARTS # FOR GEARS AND INSTALLATION KITS .
THANK YOU
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I HAVE A JLU SPORT WITH LOCKING REAR END, 6 SPEED,37S TIRES.(DANA 30 FRONT,DANA 44 REAR)
LOOKING TO REGEAR TO 4.56 FRONT AND REAR ( GOING WITH DANA SPICER PARTS)
CANNOT FIND ANY VEHICULE SPECIFIC KITS .
CAN ANY OF YOU JEEPERS GIVE ME PARTS # FOR GEARS AND INSTALLATION KITS .
THANK YOU
Google Dana spicer 186mm JL ring and pinion and JL 220mm ring and pinion.

I wouldn’t get one with a the whole install kit..bearings etc unless you already have a lot of miles.

Just get the ring and pinion

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Sponsored

OP
OP

VINDALOU

First Name
VINCENT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

VINDALOU

First Name
VINCENT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google Dana spicer 186mm JL ring and pinion and JL 220mm ring and pinion.

I wouldn’t get one with a the whole install kit..bearings etc unless you already have a lot of miles.

Just get the ring and pinion

ONLY HAVE 1100 MILES , SO YOU THINK I WOULN"T NEED BEARINGS OR SHIMS , ANY CHANCE OF DAMAGING ANY PARTS WHEN TAKING APART?

OP
OP

VINDALOU

First Name
VINCENT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DEALER SAID WILL WARANTY WORK DONE BY THEM ,BUT NOT THE PARTS , DANA SPICER WARRANTIES PARTS FOR 1 YEAR

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
DEALER SAID WILL WARANTY WORK DONE BY THEM ,BUT NOT THE PARTS , DANA SPICER WARRANTIES PARTS FOR 1 YEAR
Dealer is going to charge you a lot to change them. I’d look else where. Call a few 4x4 or differential places. I’d just change it and if anything ever goes wrong with the engine or otherwise they’d probably be none the wiser anyway haha. As long as it’s not your diff they broke.

With 1100 miles I’d go with just ring and pinion.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
ONLY HAVE 1100 MILES , SO YOU THINK I WOULN"T NEED BEARINGS OR SHIMS , ANY CHANCE OF DAMAGING ANY PARTS WHEN TAKING APART?
I would get the master kit, as a more just in case but you should definitely get the shims at a minimum as those are used to set the pattern and not a wear part like the bearings.

Find a good 4x4 shop, someone that is creditable in your area who does gears for a living chances are they will do it better and will warranty their work for life, parts will be on you.

Sponsored

mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 Corvette zo6, 2013 BMW 535i
Do you know if regearing voids your warranty?
Had a local shop do my regear on a JLUR 6 speed (5.13's) and then couple of months later took it in to the dealer for a free oil change, track bar mount recall, a stop start and back up camera issue.
They said that the 35's were causing the fault, I then told them about the regear and they calibrated the computer
for the new tires and the gears too. Cost $ 340.00. Both the service guy and the mechanic acted like it was no big deal.
They did not mention that it would void my warranty, they seemed like they had seen this kinda of stuff before.
I think it runs better now, maybe just my imagination. BTW: The gears are great!

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Like mentioned above you have to also reprogram when you change gears, either via dealership or programmer.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Had a local shop do my regear on a JLUR 6 speed (5.13's) and then couple of months later took it in to the dealer for a free oil change, track bar mount recall, a stop start and back up camera issue.
They said that the 35's were causing the fault, I then told them about the regear and they calibrated the computer
for the new tires and the gears too. Cost $ 340.00. Both the service guy and the mechanic acted like it was no big deal.
They did not mention that it would void my warranty, they seemed like they had seen this kinda of stuff before.
I think it runs better now, maybe just my imagination. BTW: The gears are great!
Out of curiosity, which dealer was that?
Sponsored