What do I need?

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
So I’m about to pull the trigger on getting a Dana Ultimate D44 front AdvanTEK front axle since my Dana 30 blow up. I know the rubicon axles are slightly bigger then the Sahara/sport. What steering components will I need to acquire to run this axle? So far I just have an adjustable track bar from Rock Krawler. Am I going to need to stock drag bar and tie rod?
Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
You will definitely need a rubicon length tie rod.
I believe I read that the stock drag link will work. But its a good time to upgrade both those items if you can, with your trackbar already and your steering will be good.

What happened to the 30? And what tires you running?

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
You will definitely need a rubicon length tie rod.
I believe I read that the stock drag link will work. But its a good time to upgrade both those items if you can, with your trackbar already and your steering will be good.

What happened to the 30? And what tires you running?
Thanks for the reply! As much as I want to slap on some aftermarket tie rods I think I’ll try to find a rubicon owner who’s trying to get rid of their stock ones for super cheap if I can.

Well I was stuck on a double black diamond trail in West Virginia for about 8 hours. Going back and forth really put some strain on my front diff and it couldn’t take it any more.

I’m running some 315/70r17 BFG K02’s I’m looking at getting some 37’s once these are done
Sponsored