Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Within a couple of weeks owning my jeep, I also noted the annoying rattle from the rear. After reading some members post and suggestions, I applied some grease to the bottom seal of the rear window and it seemed to work.... for a couple of weeks.

I will try the NAPA grease pictured and hopefully that will last longer....

Hey Dasch, how she going? I'm also from Canada. . east coast ....
Sponsored

Dasch

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Within a couple of weeks owning my jeep, I also noted the annoying rattle from the rear. After reading some members post and suggestions, I applied some grease to the bottom seal of the rear window and it seemed to work.... for a couple of weeks.

I will try the NAPA grease pictured and hopefully that will last longer....

Hey Dasch, how she going? I'm also from Canada. . east coast ....
taking her to the dealership soon. not accepting this manufacture issue and dont plan on trying to find my own workarounds. I tried tape and it only made it a bit quieter! Ridiculous

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
taking her to the dealership soon. not accepting this manufacture issue and dont plan on trying to find my own workarounds. I tried tape and it only made it a bit quieter! Ridiculous
Please keep us posted on your issue and i hope it gets resolved soon. .. good luck!

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

Nicolas916

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
try cleaning and waxing the tailgate area that contacts the real glass weather stripping. Nice and smooth finish seemed to have cured my annoying squeak and rattle.

Sponsored

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That window rattle was driving me crazy! Thanks go out to Rhinebeck01, who I think was the first to mention the Bulb Grease. Just applied today and worked like a charm!

Trekez2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired
A lot of us used this grease anti-squeak tape. Seems to be a better option then applying anything else (trust me at one point I was putting Vaseline lol). So far it’s been over three months and no noise here.

3M 5430 PTFE/UHMW Tape, 0.5" width x 5yd length (1 roll) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y7ESCI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VvmXDb25ZTQP7
I’m ready to order this tape and hope for the best.
Did you remove the foam stuff glued on each end of door then tape the full width or apply tape between the foam rubber?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Did you remove the foam stuff glued on each end of door then tape the full width or apply tape between the foam rubber?
Nope just applied it between

C7BFFAB9-72DD-423D-8780-C57BC517454B.jpeg

7870F05F-E37B-4DC9-91E0-2678C9759135.jpeg

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

LoveBugJL

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2012 JLU Shara
Just an update. I've been away from any forums for a while. The replaced back window from the dealer was a fiasco with the part never arriving when they ordered it. I chocked that up to my order being snagged from within the supply chain for FCA, as they would tell me it had arrived in a local warehouse and was to arrive at the dealer the next day only to report it never made it and that "they couldn't find it". When it was finally replaced as I reported it fixed the problem. That was temporary. After a couple of months the annoying rattle was back. It makes my Sahara sound like a piece of junk, which it is not. I've been living with it. Every time I drive my wife's 2012 JKU Sahara, I'm reminded how much more solid it sounds at least. No rattles whatsoever. The Jeep Wrangler JL that the dealer provided through Enterprise Rental during another service had the exact same rattle. I would not put any faith in them telling you they will fix the problem with a new back window. I'm going to move on to some of the workarounds on this forum. It's disappointing as it's still under warranty and this is the only real issue I've had with the Jeep and love it otherwise. It's just too bad it detracts so much from the enjoyment of this rather expensive vehicle... at least when I don't have the stereo cranked :)

Trekez2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I installed this anti-squeak tape last night and today I no issues. I’m happy! Thanks.
I installed this anti-squeak tape last night and today I no issues. I’m happy! Thanks.
Another update: I applied the tape about six weeks ago and it’s still doing a great job.
Thanks OP and others!
Sponsored