Sponsored

Rear Window Rattling Due To Sub Bass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I recently purchased a 2021 JLUR and the sound system is amazing. That being said, I am trying to enjoy it to the fullest, but the bass provided by the sub is causing the rear window to rattle and is annoying the hell out of me. It may be more than just the rear window, but my guess is thats the main culprit. Has anyone had any experience with this or tips to reduce the rattling sound caused by the bass of the sub?

My research so far has lead me to possible solutions including lining the perimeter of the window with closed cell foam or weather stripping strips, applying bulb grease along the top edge of the tailgate, and removing and retightening the rear window completely.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or any suggestions of other techniques to reduce/eliminate the rattling of the window? If anyone has any experience with this that has worked for them and recommendations of how to go about handling this that would be greatly appreciated.

I know I can always just lower the bass, but I would really like to enjoy it to the fullest.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I haven’t experienced this. Have you tried getting out of your jeep and putting pressure on the back window with ur hand to see if the rattling goes away?

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Do you have the bass cranked up to 10? 😂

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Turn it up louder so you don’t hear the rattling! Seriously- If you have SOT it could be the side window panels, or just loose items in the under floor storage. Good luck finding the source 🤔

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
It sounds like this problem will naturally fix itself once you blow out your subwoofer… :LOL:
Yes probably, but only after the warranty expires :LOL:

Do you have the bass cranked up to 10? 😂
I'd have it on 20 if I could 😂

The problem is with the knob on the left. Turn it counterclockwise until the rattling stops.
It's righty-tighty lefty-loosey if I remember correctly, and the problem is I'm trying to tighten lol

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I haven’t experienced this. Have you tried getting out of your jeep and putting pressure on the back window with ur hand to see if the rattling goes away?
I have not tried this, but I will go ahead and try that to see if it is in fact the rear window or something else possibly. Thank you for your tip. I'll give it a shot to see if it at least helps me determine where the rattling is coming from.

Turn it up louder so you don’t hear the rattling! Seriously- If you have SOT it could be the side window panels, or just loose items in the under floor storage. Good luck finding the source 🤔
I have the body color hard top. I'm thinking it's the window having a little bit of wiggle room and may be vibrating with the sound up. I don't have much in the Jeep yet because it's brand new, so unless it's rattling with factory parts I don't think it would be the under floor storage.
Sponsored